• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Complained to Sky

Bizness

Established Member
Getting a bit peeved with the new Movies setup and the fact that new movies Premiered are not being shown in HD.

Will report back with results.

prettyvacant

Established Member
Getting a bit peeved with the new Movies setup and the fact that new movies Premiered are not being shown in HD.

Will report back with results.

Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit was on in HD on Saturday night. Was bloody good as well!

Crackin' Cheese Gromit!! :rotfl:

Bizness

Established Member
Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit was on in HD on Saturday night. Was bloody good as well!

True, but the previous premier's (Harry Potter for example) over the last couple of weekends, haven't been. Hence my b*tching. :)

Bobby Davro

Standard Member

Said to the wife and kids on Saturday night "Look Wallace and Gromit are on in HD", Wife says "What does that mean, you can see the fingerprints in the plasticene"....everyone looks......"You Can !!!" :rotfl:

darren_eaf

Established Member
True, but the previous premier's (Harry Potter for example) over the last couple of weekends, haven't been. Hence my b*tching. :)

That's because they don't have the rights from the film distributers to show it in HD, It's because they want to make more money from distributing on HD DVD/ Blu Ray

RSVdaz

Banned
yeah i've complained about the the new movie set up too. did it via old fashioned paper/post..though it made it more serious than firing off an email.
will keep you posted

my major gripe is that previously i had a mix package where i had all the odd numbered movie channels which all showed a mix of genres I als had sky movie 1 which nearly always showed the first showing films...now i dont get premiere..or the quasi channel premiere+ and get obscure channels such as horror/family etc. so they are limiting my amount a variety and the amount of time i can watch it. also i only get hd2 which i understand is a lower quality than hd1

simon194

Prominent Member

I recorded it but the recording failed because the box decided to come up with one of it's phantom Power Cut errors when it started to record.

Strange really because my HTPC and the Sky box are on a UPS!!!!

loz

Distinguished Member

Of that week's films only HP didn't premier in HD the same day (because of Warner Bros policy, not Sky's fault)

This week, only Alien Autopsy didn't premier in HD on the same day.

So, it isn't that bad :confused:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Since all this channel change crap I have only seen 3 films since I like ones done after 1985 and the others I didnt really want to watch.

Sky Cinema, TCM all dealt with old films why couldnt just leave it the hell alone.

Graham27

Distinguished Member
I recorded it but the recording failed because the box decided to come up with one of it's phantom Power Cut errors when it started to record.

Ah, snap ! My box buggered up my recording of it too ! Part-way through it just decided it wasn't responding to anything and it needed the old high tech "offandon" technique to get it working again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom