Complain letter (long, i think) to Currys head office, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dchris2, Apr 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dchris2

dchris2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is a complain letter or email (haven't decided yet) from me to currys head office. What do you think? You think Trade Standards might be interested? English is not my first tongue and any corrections are welcomed.

Also I tried to delete names and places from my post if I missed any let me know.

"This letter refers to dealings with Currys.digital store located at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My dealings with this store started when I returned an LCD TV I ordered from www.dixons.co.uk (xxxxxxxxxxxxx) that TV was the LG 32LX2R and I got it without a dvi interface contrary to what was advertised on www.dixons.co.uk at the time.

The TV set was returned to Dixons and I went to the Currys store mentioned before. The LG 32LX2R was on display there with the dvi interface. I talked to an employee called xxxxxx and he reassured me that I could order the TV from there and it would come with the dvi interface; at that time I haven’t got my refund from Dixons yet so I told him I will wait for my refund. I went to the store on the 22nd of March 2007 and I placed an order for the TV with xxxxxx because xxxxx was not there at the time. I explained the situation to xxxxx and again I was reassured the TV will come with the dvi interface, the order was placed and I paid for it.

The TV arrived at my house on the 24th March 2007 I opened the box and I saw that the dvi interface was not there. I went to the Currys store the same day I spoke to xxxxxx and I got a refund receipt (Receipt#: xxxxxxx). A pickup was arranged for the 15th of April 2007, this was so late I was told because of Easter and that I wanted the pickup to take place over the weekend since I work weekdays. On the 14th of April 2007 I went to the store to speak to xxxxx (called xxxxx by his co-workers) to get a time slot for the pickup on Sunday (15th of April 2007). I was told xxxxxx is having his lunch and a person, who I believe was xxxxx the store manager, told me that there are no time slots for Sundays and I have to wait from 0700 to 1930. I did wait all day on Sunday for the pickup truck which never came.

I phoned Currys on the 16th of April 2007 and talked to xxxxxx (xxxxx) who told me he will investigate what happened and call me back. I waited and no phone call came so I called back; xxxxx told me that the delivery men came rang my bell and couldn’t find me, I told him that’s impossible since I was there all day and I got no phone calls and my doorbell didn’t ring. He told me that he arranged pickup for the 21st of April and I should call 08701543210 after 5pm on Friday to get a time slot for my pickup time. I asked for a reference number and he told me that there isn’t one and I should give them my postcode.

On the 20th of April 2007 I called 08701543210 and there was only one option from which I could get a time slot and I needed a reference number, also there was another option “5” I believe for further inquiries that directed me to call the store I purchased the TV from. So I called the Currys store, I was put on hold so someone could find the reference number for me but instead of that the phone was hanged up. I called again and this time it was xxxxx (I recognized his voice) and he gave me a reference number which I noted down, the number was xxxxxxxxxxx. I called 08701543210 again, I tried to enter the above number to the automated system but it wouldn’t accept the last digit. I called back and my phone call was answered by another employee who I didn’t recognize I told him I wanted to talk with xxxxxx. He told me to wait and I could hear xxxxx in the background telling him “I already gave him the reference number I don’t know what else to do” again I was put on hold and hanged up on. I called again and I was hanged up on at these times 15:14, 15:21 and 15:24. After that I took the rest of the day off work and went to the Currys store to see what the problem was.

I arrived at the Currys store and I went to see the manager xxxxxx. xxxxxx told me that there are no time slots for a Saturday, I know this is not true since I got my TV delivered on a Saturday and I was given a time slot. I told him that I was calling and people were giving wrong reference numbers so there must be time slots. Then he told me to call 0870154321 and pick option 2, at that point I didn’t trust any information given by Currys employees so I told him to arrange it for me which he did and he gave me a time slot between 15:30 and 19:30. I told him the employees there were hanging up on me and he told me he will “Have a word”.

Of course the pickup employees never came to pickup the TV on Saturday 21st of April 2007. By that time I gave up and next day, 22nd of April 2007, I took a taxi with a friend of mine and took the TV back ourselves. I got my refund and xxxxx, the manager, seemed not to care at all of the fact that nobody came to pickup the TV the previous day.

After all that what remains in my memory is the way the staff at the Currys store dealt with me from start to finish. Never, even when I went in there to ask about the possibility of purchasing the TV, was I taken seriously. Even after I explained the problems I had with the 32LX2R I ordered from www.dixons.co.uk the employees reassured me I was going to get the model with the specification I wanted. I believe that was done without any knowledge from their part just so they can make the sale. Also the delivery of my TV when I paid for it went ahead without a problem, I got a call from the delivery staff and there was no problem finding my flat. On the other hand when I wanted to return it Currys delivery/pickup service was struck with amnesia it seems. Furthermore for some reason there were no time slots for weekend pickups according to xxxxxx, of course the staff in Currys were more than happy to provide me with a time slot for my delivery.

Good retailers are judged when you need a service from them after you paid for the products they offer. Currys has failed to provide good service except when the sale was made. Aftersales service has been disgraceful; the behaviour of staff (especially hanging up the phone in my face) was appalling, I never came across such rudeness in a business environment. Nobody apologized even once. But at the end I left the Currys store very happy on the 22nd of April 2007 knowing that I will never have to deal with them again.

My refund receipt number is xxxxxxx in case you want to investigate the way your stores are being ran. But after what I experienced in that store I believe that such bad customer service is not restricted just to my case. Such behaviour I believe is a result of your company’s mentality that customers are just walking wallets and have no use after the sale is done. I assure you I will not be buying any products from any companies under the DSGi plc and I will let everybody I can about my experience with your company. "

2. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Short and sweet.......

"This message will self destruct in 10 seconds".

:thumbsdow

:devil: :suicide:

3. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    IMHO your complaint letter is too long.
    It loses the point and objective.
    Cold, polite and short (but determined) would be better,
    but you have to know what are the important FACTs to write and what are your rights.

How to make complaint:
    http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/

http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_...int/letters_of_complaint_report_657_56864.jsp

Know your rights:
    http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/

http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_.../Returning_faulty_goods_report_657_6571_2.jsp

_
    Oops sorry I thought you haven't got your refund.
    Your letter is actually a report to higher manager about staffs and branch managers behaviour.
    Am I right?

4. lowmans100

lowmans100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +464
    At the end I would say, "...and with the aid of internet forums and internet blogs I will let everybody I can know about my shocking experience with your company. "

You could even quote the salesmans code of, "one happy customer will tell one or two of his friends but an unhappy customer will tell everybody he can"

5. dchris2

dchris2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The template looks good but it seems it's for a specific complaint.
    Mine is more like an epic adventure, anyway that's the way it felt like. (I am still scraping my self in the shower as I type this.... must get clean)

edit: your right about being cold and to the point but this letter is mainly for my own sake if you know what I mean... i just need to tell these things. I know I am going to be ignored but there is nothing that they can do for me anymore as I won't be doing bussiness with them again... ever!

6. dchris2

dchris2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    nice touches. i'll add them on

7. brady209

brady209
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Letter is too long. Cut out all the fluff and just hard facts is all they want to hear. I am about to write. Just brought £900 TV with Blue Ray. Sold with clear 3 years guarantee. displayed on T.V in shop and confirmed by salesman. Went on to Sony sight to register. It states only 1 year guarantee. Went back to Curry's. Could not have been less helpful.Were not interested and after a lot of messing about original salesman agreed to contact Sony. But when I indicated I had seen on invoice I had 28 to return it, he then informs me that is only if unused, still in original packing and NEVER been opened. Checked and that is Curry's returns policy. Surely this cannot be legal so will contact Trading Standards and publicise this as much as possible. Price is good but everything else is garbage.

8. BubbleDouble

BubbleDouble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Not sure it was appropriate for you to dig up a thread that's nearly 3 years old. The original post was made in 04/2007. Maybe you should have started a new thread?

Out of interest, who was actually offering the 3 year warranty, Currys or Sony? Normally manufacturers only offer a 1 year warranty and anything over that is usually offered by the store.

9. EarthRod

EarthRod
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,870
    Hmmmm.... Will keep a eye on this.

Be warned not to post libellous information on the forum.