• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Compiling the best of the 70s

dood

A friend of mine is nearing completion of a 10 disc collection of the best of the 60s. He knows the music of that era well and was inspired to take on this task because he has been so disenchanted by the numerous compilations that have been made commercially over the years as he believes that they don't really represent what he would classify as the very best of the 60s. It has taken him a few years to work out what to put on each disc as he wanted a good spread as opposed to having the top 20 songs on disc one. It has also taken him time to access all the songs.

He is now keen to start a similar project for the 70s and has asked me to help him out as I have a fair bit of music from the 70s. My tastes however are skewed in favour of 70s rock. What I would like to know is what websites are likely to list the top 100 songs for each week from Jan 1970 to Dec 1979? This would be my starting point. However, the standard charts like billboard are likely to list the pop stuff and may not represent all the various genres that would have to be included. Bear in mind that music diversified greatly in the 70's with the rise and fall of disco/dance, the convergence of black and white artists, the introduction of electronica etc.

Any ideas on where to start?

dood

Fabulous, thanks.

Now, I need to look at American charts as well. And I need to find specific dance charts and rock charts.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom