1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compiling a DVD - queries

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Franco50, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hopefully this query is in the proper forum as it is a bit of a mixed bag! I've been asked by a colleague at work to compile a DVD as a present for her father but I have some doubts as to whether it can be done. The source material comes from the following.....

• 8mm camcorder tape (this should be no problem as I have the means to capture, edit and burn this).
    • The contents of a DVD disk which has already been made by someone - this is the one which concerns me.

My friend wants both compiled onto one single DVD but it's the material on the DVD which worries me as I have only ever made 1-to-1 copies from DVD before (using DVD Shrink). Is her request do-able?? If so how do I go about getting both lots of source footage onto a single disk?

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can rip the files from the DVD & work on them.

All teh info you need can be found on www.doom9.org OR www.dvdrhelp.com

There are lots of utilities to choose from & many are freeware I am sure you will be glad to hear.

3. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for the info. I already have DVD Decrypter which, apparently, can rip from the DVD to an MPEG file to allow editing so I will have a play around with that.