Competition for the Pace Puma

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Funkstain, May 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Funkstain

Funkstain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been following this product since October 2002 and was absolutely going to buy one on the day of release; a brief shortage of funds prevented this, and then when I read all your comments it seemed prudent to at least wait until the S/W upgrade...

And of course, now I've heard about the new Fusion boxes , and they sound absolutely perfect - dual recording seems at least a possibility, and the 7-day EPG is as much as I could ask for! Plus countless other improvements...

So it seems the best thing to do would be to hang around until Q4 and choose from the options. I'm losing my status as early adopter... :(

2. Vassago

Vassago
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any price point on this Fusion model? Certainly looks like it could give the Pace Twin a run for its money, especially with the 40gig HD and 7day EPG.

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I am probaly biased as having already bought a Pace twin, and love it, but who are Fusion? The Fusion site does look a little flacky, If it really is that good will get one and give my mum the twin, but where are they going to get the 7 day epg from. This looks like vapourware at the moment IMO.
    Perhaps someone has more information about this kit.
    Regards Richard.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    It's true most tech looks good on paper:)
    FDT is the brain child of Barry Rubery who was one of the founders of PACE and owned 26% of the company which I assume he sold when it floated on the stock exchange, by all accounts he is a very wealthy individual. FDT is his vehicle for returning into consumer electronics in partnership with BEKO who are based in Watford and manufactur a range of consumer products.

More info on the DTG website