Compatible PSU Inspiron 660

firepig

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a 8 year old Dell Inspiron 660 which needs a new psu, pc is only used for email, printing and internet so I won’t be upgrading any other components, Dell can’t supply a ome one my only choice seems to be a refurbished one off eBay, I would prefer a new one if someone could suggest a suitable replacement these are the specs which don’t mean a lot to me.
Thanks

Attachments

• 75788D66-11B2-4E45-BFBB-717C08171ED2.png
    75788D66-11B2-4E45-BFBB-717C08171ED2.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 58
The specs you've given mean that electrically it's likely to conform to the ATX spec that pretty much all PSUs use (although some newer ones have gone 12V-only).

But one big variation between power supplies is size and mounting holes. From the mounting holes pictured that appears to use the PS/2 form factor - more commonly known as just ATX.

If that's the case the back (the side with the mounting holes) should be 150mmx86mm. The length is nominally 140mm but variation there isn't uncommon.

If the size is correct and the screw holes match this arrangement
kA090000000RFPN_1.jpg

Then it's the most common ATX type and you've got a wide choice.

I'm not sure who makes reasonable budget models these days, unfortunately the English language reviewers tend to focus on the high end. Kolink seem to be widely stocked though, and I haven't had any issued with my SFX model.

Thanks it looks like it’s ATX form factor size wise it’s the voltage,amps,watts and rails I can’t get my head around. It was so simple last time I changed one just took the old one to micro direct and they said here you go :)

Thanks it looks like it’s ATX form factor size wise it’s the voltage,amps,watts and rails I can’t get my head around. It was so simple last time I changed one just took the old one to micro direct and they said here you go
Just get a good quality branded PSU such as EVGA, Enermax, Antec, Seasonic, Coolermaster, Corsair with a rating of 300W+ . For a low power computer such as yours any good quality PSU will be fine and will have enough amps on the all the voltage rails.

Thanks it looks like it’s ATX form factor size wise it’s the voltage,amps,watts and rails I can’t get my head around.

It looks like a standard power distribution with no legacy rails (-5V) and matches the minimum power capacity you'd be able to get in a new ATX PSU so anything should work there.

It doesn't appear to have an unusual abundance of connectors so that'll be fine too.

Thanks for the advice I have ordered a corsair cv450
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom