Compatible discs for Panasonic DMR-EX77EB and E20

d4wn1e

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping somebody can give me some advice.

I recently bought the Panasonic DMR-EX77EB DVD-Recorder with HDD and Freeview. I have also bought a second-hand Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD-Ram Recorder. The E20 can only record to DVD-Ram or DVD-R.

Could anybody recommend which discs I should use to record on the DMR-E20 which will be compatible with the EX77 and vice-versa. I have tried the DVD-Ram discs which came with the EX77 and they don't work on the E20, a message comes up to say it is an unrecordable disc. Any ideas?

I only bought the second-hand recorder because I am in a very poor freeview area and the EX77 picks up very few channels (not even BBC1/2/ITV/C4) and of course as it is a digital only recorder I cannot record these analogue channels. So I bought the E20 as a second-set just to record analogue channels which I want to be able to watch back on the EX77.

Could anybody recommend which discs I should use to record on the DMR-E20 which will be compatible with the EX77 and vice-versa. I have tried the DVD-Ram discs which came with the EX77 and they don't work on the E20, a message comes up to say it is an unrecordable disc. Any ideas?

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

What make / model are the DVD-RAM discs?

I can still use the latest DVD-RAM discs from Panasonic on my DMR-E95H, so the latest Panasonic DVD-RAM Discs are compatable with older recorders.

DVD-R wise, Panisonics labelled discs should work fine also or Taiyo Yuden discs which are generally known to be the best should work fine.

Hope that helps.

I have Panasonics, DMR-E20, EX75, two Toshibas, RD34 and RD85T and a Pioneer 550HX-S all of which use RAM disks and I can swap and change between any of them and they read anthing recorded on any of them.
RosemaryP

The problem suggests the discs are failing to initialise properly on the E20.

Does the machine struggle at this point when a disc is inserted.
Does it make any noise, and if so, how would you describe it?

Are the discs new?

Have you used them in a computer?

Regarding your Freeview reception, this should improve when the analogue switch-ff occurs.

If you wish to send me your post code by private mail, I'll look into your reception expectations.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom