• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Compatible 3D Glasses for LG 50PM670T

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiganticDays

Established Member
Considering buying one of these but they don't seem to include any free 3D glasses.

Does anyone know if they're compatible with the (relatively) cheap Samsung ones? Or would I be stuck paying through the nose for LG branded?

GiganticDays

Established Member
Thanks for your reply.
I went to Comet to have a look at the set yesterday. They didn't have it but I was blown away by the picture quality of the Samsung PS51E550 they did have, so I reckon I'm going to go for that.
Glasses problem solved :)

clinton4s

Standard Member
No, I don't think you can use Samsung active 3D glasses with LG50PM670T. The active 3D glasses need to use with specific brand only. I would suggest you upgrade 3DTV to LG LM line. It uses passive 3D tech. It came with many pair of glasses. (cheap, lightweight, no battery)

howardeas

Standard Member
Oh I seriously hope that you haven't decided yet on your new TV. I know LG and Samsung are up against each other for like, forever but they use different technology in 3D and it's definitely LG's win. sammy's picture quality might look better since their colour display is very vivid, but when it comes to 3D it will strain your eyes.
So apparently Sammy is using active 3d tech, LG is using passive 3d tech..a lot of expert already pointed out that passive is far more superior.
I say, stick to your original plan. The passive glasses costs like, nothing (compared to the active ones)

Please keep it posted.

GiganticDays

Established Member
Already have a passive LG and the 3D is great + glasses are cheap cheapity cheap cheap.
Decided on the Samsung PS51E550 in the end. Haven't had it out of the box yet as we're having some building work done, but it blew the competition out of the water (within it's price range) in the shop.

I now have an active 3D set & a passive. Looking forward to comparing the two.

Jason Shouler

Established Member
I now have an active 3D set & a passive. Looking forward to comparing the two.
Always interesting to read about comparisons :smashin: (especially when no bias is involved :))

GiganticDays

Established Member

Jason Shouler

Established Member
I have both too. Passive doesn't do full hd 3d. End of comparison
Posts like this are pointless, meaningless, without context and refutable - so why bother making them :rolleyes:

You could easily have said in your opinion you is one sharper than the other (which I guess was your intent) and no one would argue with you.

If you wanted to provide really useful info to the Forum then why not tell us exactly what sets you have and how much 3D you watch on each (or don't watch for that matter).

dazza3

Established Member
Au contraire. As one of the few owners of both types of set, my point of view is more valid that anyone with only one.

I have an lg passive and a Samsung d7000 active. Both are lovely sets that give tremendous 2 d results. I should state that I don't get headaches from active technology so am luckier than most.

I have tested my tvs side by side, from a single blu ray player with dual hdmi out. That way I can switch very quickly and see identical scenes.

Like I said in 2d very close. But in 3d blu rays, avatar tangled journey 2 plus others the resolution quality just isn't the same. I'm not saying the lg isn't good, it's just not the same definition as the samsung. That's because it's passive and how it works

Don't bad mouth a poster please because he does tests and gets results you can't complete. That's just bad etiquette

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Posts like this are pointless, meaningless, without context and refutable - so why bother making them :rolleyes:

You could easily have said in your opinion you is one sharper than the other (which I guess was your intent) and no one would argue with you.

If you wanted to provide really useful info to the Forum then why not tell us exactly what sets you have and how much 3D you watch on each (or don't watch for that matter).
if threads/posts like this are pointless why do you bother reading the thread and replying then, there is no need to have a go at or belittle someone just because they have a different view to yourself, if you can't post a reasoned reply they maybe it is best not to.

Curly

GiganticDays

Established Member
Since this thread was originally a request for advice on 3D glasses compatibility and that question has been rendered moot by my choice of the Samsung, perhaps it's time to close it, no?

Jason Shouler

Established Member
I have an lg passive and a Samsung d7000 active. Both are lovely sets that give tremendous 2 d results. I should state that I don't get headaches from active technology so am luckier than most.

I have tested my tvs side by side, from a single blu ray player with dual hdmi out. That way I can switch very quickly and see identical scenes.

Like I said in 2d very close. But in 3d blu rays, avatar tangled journey 2 plus others the resolution quality just isn't the same. I'm not saying the lg isn't good, it's just not the same definition as the samsung. That's because it's passive and how it works

Don't bad mouth a poster please because he does tests and gets results you can't complete. That's just bad etiquette
That's an excellent informative post which fits exactly with theory and demonstrates why making an observation is better than making false declarations :( I wasn't "bad mouthing" you but simply making a correction to your false declaration in your earlier post - and I'm sorry but my comments still hold.

if threads/posts like this are pointless why do you bother reading the thread and replying then, there is no need to have a go at or belittle someone just because they have a different view to yourself, if you can't post a reasoned reply they maybe it is best not to.
What part do you not understand about making a reasoned reply :confused: The bulk of my replies are highly reasoned unless I'm missing something here.

Are you perhaps suggesting I should leave the Forum ?

Since this thread was originally a request for advice on 3D glasses compatibility and that question has been rendered moot by my choice of the Samsung, perhaps it's time to close it, no?
It is a bit off-topic isn't it ;) (pity the mods can't merge to another thread).

However, I was genuinely interested in your comments (I certainly have no argument with you over buying a Samsung) as indeed I was interested to read dazza's last post :)

Last edited:

Curly99

Distinguished Member
ok thread closed at the OP's request.

Curly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom