Compatibility problems between Panasonic 120 Hz/eArc TV and Sonos Arc

Hlod Wig

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

I have a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500 TV compatible with 120 Hz and with an eArc port, an Xbox Series X and a Sonos Arc home theater.

Despite my best efforts, I never managed to get both a display frequency of 120 Hz and the sound in Dolby Atmos on the same time (the sound and the image skip).

To get the Atmos, I have to settle for a 60Hz display. And if I want 120Hz, the only setting that works roughly is PCM sound.

Do you know where the problem could come from? Do you have an idea of solution ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Fillius

Hi everyone,

I have a Panasonic TX-65JZ1500 TV compatible with 120 Hz and with an eArc port, an Xbox Series X and a Sonos Arc home theater.

Despite my best efforts, I never managed to get both a display frequency of 120 Hz and the sound in Dolby Atmos on the same time (the sound and the image skip).

To get the Atmos, I have to settle for a 60Hz display. And if I want 120Hz, the only setting that works roughly is PCM sound.

Do you know where the problem could come from? Do you have an idea of solution ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
My TV doesn't support 120Hz or eARC so I don't have first hand experience of this, but some things to consider that might help others diagnose the issue:

What HDMI cables and ports on the TV are you using?

Is this 120Hz HDR or SDR?

What bit depth do you have set on the Xbox?

The only thing I can think of is the cable from the Xbox to the TV doesn't have the bandwidth to support both.

Hlod Wig

Standard Member
My TV doesn't support 120Hz or eARC so I don't have first hand experience of this, but some things to consider that might help others diagnose the issue:

What HDMI cables and ports on the TV are you using?

Is this 120Hz HDR or SDR?

What bit depth do you have set on the Xbox?

The only thing I can think of is the cable from the Xbox to the TV doesn't have the bandwidth to support both.
Thx for your answer.

I use cables shipped with the console ans the sound bar. The XSX is connected to HDMI 1 port (2.1) and the Sonos Arc is connected to HDMI 2 port (2.1, eArc).

I use HDR 10, Dolby Vision, VRR, ALLM on.

I use standard bit depth on the XSX.

stephentw

It's a known issue with earc on the JZ series with the Series X. It'll work fine on 60 but not 120. We were talking about it in a few other threads but not sure if anyone has reported it to Panasonic yet.

stephentw

This isn't the exact issue but a few of us are on this thread plus the JZ series and JZ2000 owners threads.

Hlod Wig

Standard Member
Thx for your answer.

So, for you the problem comes from the XSX and not the TV ?

So how do you explain that this problem does no occur with all TVs ? I have read that owners of Philips or Samsung TVs don't have this problem. 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom