Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have the following set of speakers:

Front: KEF Q300 --- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 87dB -- 120w
Center: Kef Q200c ---Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 85dB -- 130W
Surround: Kef Q100 --- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 86dB -- 100w
Subwoofer: Q400b

I would like to buy a NR-1602 model to use with these speakers, but i am a little bit worried if this combination will work fine.

Someone could help me? I don't know if i'm going to lose sound quality using this reveiver because his power output is 50w and the speakers require a stronger amplification.

Best Regards.
Kbelow

The Marantz NR-1602 will be fine with these speakers. Sound quality will not be a function of power.

The figures you quote are the maximum power handling - represent a figure that can be handled without causing meltdown. I rather expect that were you to feed a continuous 120W into the Q300 though, you would be looking at an expensive repair. The Q300 & Q200c's quoted minimum is 15W (Q100: 10W).

The above of course assumes you aren't trying to use the setup to run a disco. If you are, then neither the amp nor the speakers are suitable.

Hi Mark!

Thank you for your answer. It helped me a lot! Now i can save money to buy a new equipment. Which equipment you recomend to aggregate more quality in this set?

Thank you.
Best Regards
Kbelow

Do you need the slim line nature of the 1602? If not you can get a better quality conventional sized receiver for the same money.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom