1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatability question

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by mummyluvr, Sep 11, 2005.

1. mummyluvr

mummyluvr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I bought a computer game from Europe, would it work on my computer (Microsoft) here in the US? Please reply quickly, as I don't know how long the games are up on EBay and they're not available here. :confused:

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    People import games from the US on a lot of occasions because they're released earlier and do not have any compatability issues so I'm sure european PC software will be fine.
    Which games are you talking about specifically as it's rare for us to get games released over here that aren't available in the US :confused:
    I'm not entirely sure it's that advisable buying games of ebay either especially for games with cd keys etc for on;ine play.

3. bri.s

bri.s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Yes you can play all pc games no matter where you buy them.

4. mummyluvr

mummyluvr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's "The Mummy, The Animated Series." Since October of 2004 I've been waiting for it's US release (I've gone to gaming stores on 8 different release dates with no results). Finally, I got fed up and e-mailed one of the companies involved, who replied, unfortunately, saying that SCEA had decided not to release it in the US.

It really burns me up that people all over Europe are practically giving them away on EBay and here I sit, rambling on adn on, unable to play the stupid game that probably isn't that good, but there's no way for me to know now, is there?

*pant pant*

Anyway, thanks, I guess.

5. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    I have had a few games in the pst that wouldn't let me install, saying some crap about regional settings, although i'm sure if you change then in control panel it will install fine.

6. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I've had US import games that I had to reset the time zone to Pacific to get them to work.

My FS2004 came from the US and will only display the time as US time no matter how many times I change the programs time option.