1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compatability pc writer to dvd player?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by baldeagle, Nov 21, 2002.

1. baldeagle

baldeagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi.....how can you be sure that it will work on standalone dvd player?....i have tosh 210 player.....i would be extremely miffed if, after purchasing dvd writer for pc to find that discs would not play.

Any advise

Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Take a look at the specs in the manual/web site and see if the disks are listed as compatible.
    Or borrow a burnt disk from friend/retailer and try it, but be carefull as some media might work and others wont:mad:

As you can see from my above comments, there are no hard and fast rules as to what will/wont work :rolleyes: . This is new technology and therefore it is down to trial and error. New DVD players are better than the old ones at playing different media types.

Mark.

3. dave250uk

dave250uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check out this months What Video. They have tested a range of blank DVDs to see the compatibility and it would seem its as much the disks used as the players that are prone to incompatibilty.

4. peasoup

peasoup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ive got a Tosh 210e and a pioneer A03 writer ive been backing up films for a few months now and the tosh has taken every dvdr ive thrown at it and i've used extremely cheap discs. I'm pritty sure your player will run anything ...i get my discs from http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/ 10 for 4.99.