comparison site for hd receivers

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi up till now I have been using my pc for sat duties, but now looking to get a dedicated receiver.

So I have been looking online but can't seem to find any sites that you can compare them.

So is there anywhere that I could find out some details on this

Thanks

A look around here will soon show you what are the more popular makes and models, you'll get regular posters telling you about their favourites, and there are many suppliers with web sites that give full details of their wide ranges.

Last edited:
Hi up till now I have been using my pc for sat duties, but now looking to get a dedicated receiver.

So I have been looking online but can't seem to find any sites that you can compare them.

Thanks

The What Satellite magazine always had reviews for various boxes, haven't seen it for a while - I know Future Publishing sold it on - it's got an online magazine/ site though .. wotsat.com.

Logiciel has the best advice - what lots of people who actually use them say .. takes a bit longer & some careful interpretation at times, but I think more reliable in the long run.

telesatellite magazine is still going strong, aimed more at the motorised guys :)

Look for other forums with receiver specific sections... you'll soon get an idea of what's out there and what is most commonly used and how much support there is which can be a consideration depending what you want to do with it...

The What Satellite magazine always had reviews for various boxes, haven't seen it for a while - I know Future Publishing sold it on - it's got an online magazine/ site though .. wotsat.com.

It's on the racks now in WH Smith in a special 2 for 1 offer with Home Cinema Choice May 2012 issue).

Tested is AZbox me with 4:2:2 video support

First time I have seen it for months.

Last edited:
RobTi said:

Thanks

Are you looking for a site/wiki with at least a table with a feature comparison?

That would be good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom