Compared Panny 60B to Bravia today...need comments...?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Skeet, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi peeps.

Not that I intend to get the 60B, but...alongside a similar size (but LCD) Bravia today..teh Bravia had really bright, intense colours, which made teh Panny seem..well..less Vivid.

I'm not sure, if the Bravias image, was true to life, but was certainly noticeable.

I'm after a Panny 600...so...can anyone comment on teh seemingly striking difference in colour of teh two...or is it simply a setup thing?

Both were running HD inputs (apparently)...and, not having a coral reef to hand, didnt have anything life like to compare with.

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would guess its a setup thing although before I bought my px600 i looked at the bravia and IMO I thought it looked very 'artificial' and totally false to real life which is what I have noticed on a lot of lcds. The Panny looked by far and away the most complete picture in terms or quality and 'real' if you know what I mean!? Get yourself a pm with JL and give the panny a bash although of course thats only my suggestion I'm sure there are loads of people out there who prefer the Bravia/ Lcds.

3. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thats what I thought...teh Bravia did look fantastic, but..a bit too fantastic...I mean....it had images of tropical fish etc and a lovely blue water and a sandy beach...but teh water looked like it could be screen wash!
    The pannys image, did look more faithful to life...but less obvious taht teh Bravia, hence...one looked at teh Bravia.

From what I have heard, if you dont have a continuous HD feed to teh Bravia...teh image is a bit crap...so...im thinking Panny...fancy a nice upscaling DVD recorder as well...like the Panny EX75...

4. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    When i was comparing i thought the px60 seemed rather washed out compared to the plasmas and lcd's along side it. When i checked the settings the shop had it set on 100% brightness (not sure if that's just default Dynamic) but either way a slight adjustment made things much better. So again be mindful of the setups in shops, they often have them way too bright and unnatural.

5. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes...have heard this...I was only on a quick, lunch break type perusal...so, didnt grasp teh remote and have a fiddle (so to speak)...but next time I shall...

I hear teh advice is to take it out of Dynamic mode and put it into Cinema?

6. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    So 'tehy' say...:thumbsup:

7. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    LOL!

Had to put that in my sig...just for the record, my fingers refuse to type, "the" "they" "that" and "like", correctly, on a regular basis.

They type fast, but not always right!:D

If I ever type a huge post, and the above words are correct, it has taken me time to edit it:)

8. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,481
    go to a panny shop, you wont have to make comparisons ever again :thumbsup:

after years of dipping my toes in and out of the water, having to put up with the wlt58's :censored: contrast and a philips 42pf5521 thats in its box waiting to go back i dont have to choose anymore.

up until today i was unsure of if to go the panny route, i had seen it in too many shops where the black filter looked far too black that it made me think people on here were nuts to like the 60/600's now after spending 2 mins in a panny shop im convinced on the telly for me, not content with the 42" we planned on we are now going for the 50px600 :thumbsup: .. just need to rearrange the whole living room first :eek:

unfortunately i need to save up, i can manage about £500 a month, so in 24 weeks i should be the brand new owner of a 50px600.... unless the PZ600s are on the horizon :devil:

9. compo

compo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i was running a shop let's say comet and i was shifting bucket loads of one model and none of the others, i would make the one that was shifting the most look crap and hide the remote. the price on the panasonics has droped thru the floor so currys,comet hardley make a penny on them were has the other makes keep ther prices steady.

you only have to look at lg in the last 9 months if you went in currys,comet there screens would be the only ones running true hidef material, witch made there screens look stuning and all the other pale into comarison.

10. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    CHeers for teh advice guys....need to find a Panasonic shop!

11. javaman

javaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wounder how would Bravia look if something else beside demo hd dvd would be shown? :rolleyes:

12. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Crap apparently!

13. miceri

miceri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    OMG :eek: , is the 50px600 now £12,000 ? :rotfl: :rotfl:

14. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

No dude...£500 a month...24 weeks is 6 months...which is £3000...:)

15. xit2050

xit2050

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    Some people really should learn how to read :lesson: