Compare the Meerkat (Market) Question

nheather

Distinguished Member
Never collected a Meerkat toy before. I understand that you now need two purchases, the first gets you a Meetkat Movies and the second and subsequent ones get Meerkat Toys (if they are a qualifying type).

So I bought insurance a few weeks back which qualifies for movies.

And I have recently got a Credit Card which should qualify for a Meerkat toy.

A few questions:

(1) How long does it take before a Credit Card application will trigger the toy reward

(2) How do you know when you can claim a toy

(3) Do you have to take the movies - I have no need for it but wonder whether if I don't claim it then when I try to claim the toy it will default to the movies

Basically I'm not sure what the procedure is.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
Okay, this has moved along a little.

I have claimed the Meerkat Movies based on my Travel Insurance purchase. That confirmed, I was sent a Welcome eMail, when I log in it states that I am a Meerkat Movies member and I can generate movie codes.

But when I go to select another reward (based on the successful Credit Card Application) it just offers me Meerkat Movies.

I have checked that a Credit Card Application does qualify for a toy - it does. I have even tried proceeding with the other transaction types (car insurance, energy etc.) they all just send me to Meerkat movies.

Cheers,

Nigel

Okay, this has moved along a little.

I have claimed the Meerkat Movies based on my Travel Insurance purchase. That confirmed, I was sent a Welcome eMail, when I log in it states that I am a Meerkat Movies member and I can generate movie codes.

But when I go to select another reward (based on the successful Credit Card Application) it just offers me Meerkat Movies.

I have checked that a Credit Card Application does qualify for a toy - it does. I have even tried proceeding with the other transaction types (car insurance, energy etc.) they all just send me to Meerkat movies.

Cheers,

Nigel
Can't help with the credit card query although we started a new car insurance policy 4 months ago which qualified for the toy, we got notification yesterday that it's been approved and that we should expect the toy in approx 28 days...

No idea why it takes so bloody long!

nheather

Distinguished Member
Can't help with the credit card query although we started a new car insurance policy 4 months ago which qualified for the toy, we got notification yesterday that it's been approved and that we should expect the toy in approx 28 days...

No idea why it takes so bloody long!
My guess is that you are allowed to back out of the application within a certain number of days so they want to make sure you get past that. Of course you could then cancel the policy afterwards but that would involve an admin fee.

Cheers,

Nigel

maxwell

Are you sure you scrolled to the bottom of the rewards page, 3/4 of it is meerkat movies and the toy claim is underneath, just done my car insurance this morning and had no problem claiming the toy straight away

Last edited:
Are you sure you scrolled to the bottom of the rewards page, 3/4 of it is meerkat movies and the you claim is underneath, just done my car insurance this morning and had no problem claiming the toy straight away
You can claim immediately although expect it to stick at validating until Christmas.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Are you sure you scrolled to the bottom of the rewards page, 3/4 of it is meerkat movies and the toy claim is underneath, just done my car insurance this morning and had no problem claiming the toy straight away
No just showing meerkat movies.

How are you doing the claim. This is what I am doing

1 - From the main page having logged in - go to 'Your Account'
2 - Select 'Your Rewards'
3 - Says "Claim another reward or view your Meerkat Movies membership". Select 'Claim a Reward'
4 - Asks me to select the type of qualifying product. I select 'Credit Card' and then 'Claim a Reward'
5 - Takes me to the claim page with 'Meerkat Movies' as the only option

It is still less than 48 hours since the card application was approved so I guess I should wait until then and see if anything changes.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom