Compare SVS Size

Ookami

Standard Member
Reaction score
I made a 3D model to compare the size of the different models, since I plan to get one. (not shure I'll show the picture to my wife ;) )
Its simple modeling, not trying to model the details.
Sorry for the Volvo, didnt have annything else to compare against :)

Attachments

• SVS Subwoofers.jpg
    SVS Subwoofers.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 447
Nice work and your correct about showing 'er indoors!
My projected puchase will be the PB12-ISD/2, does anyone have an 'in home' picture they could post, 'cos it's hard to get your head round how it would look.
If I mock one up in cardboard the chief operating officer will do her nut.
Thanks,
Des.

So? There's no chance of fitting a couple of B12-Plus/4s in my Lambo's stereo then? :rolleyes:

Perhaps I could fit one on each door and leave the windows open? :)

Nice work Ookami! :smashin:

Just what I needed to remind me of all those model numbers. :blush:

Regards
Nimby

Des Flurane said:
My projected puchase will be the PB12-ISD/2, does anyone have an 'in home' picture they could post, 'cos it's hard to get your head round how it would look.

Have a look:

svs2.jpg

WOW :eek: Somehow I dont think I could squeeze one of those in my living room :( Think Ms. Dfour would notice the pb10's size has changed :nono:

That's not a real subwoofer . This is a real subwoofer! :devil:

I'll see your 25Hz and raise you 14Hz. :cool:

Nimby

Attachments

• 3-picturecr text.JPG
    3-picturecr text.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 235
Nimby said:
That's not a real subwoofer . This is a real subwoofer! :devil:

I'll see your 25Hz and raise you 14Hz. :cool:

Nimby

I thought that beast could hit 12Hz? It's so tall, the wife would have killed me if I went for the 16-46 PC+.

How much does it weigh?

See now, I've just shown our lass these pics and mentioned how great it would be to purchase one of the behomoth's-how it would add value and meaning to our lives.
:censored: I wont repeat whats she said :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

>>>I made a 3D model to compare the size of the different models, since I plan to get one. (not shure I'll show the picture to my wife )
Its simple modeling, not trying to model the details.<<<

diablo...v-12...drool...

Here's another shot of our three cylindrical sizes next to a little V-8...

http://hometown.aol.com/tvodhanel/myhomepage/SS_SVS1.jpg

Tom V.

Here's a picture showing how small the SVS's can look compared to your better half when she realise what U have draggen into the house.......
:eek:

Attachments

• Low WAF on SVS.jpg
    Low WAF on SVS.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 197
Ookami said:
Here's a picture showing how small the SVS's can look compared to your better half when she realise what U have draggen into the house.......
:eek:

Nice image! :D

All things are relative. Including the "better half". :devil:

Place a 16-46 beside an average-sized TV on a typical TV stand and the TV is much larger in breadth and visible area. As are tables and chairs and desks and cupboards and bookshelves and all the other more boring things around our listening room. My oak filing cabinet absolutely dwarfs the 16-46! :blush:

Should I have asked permission from my wife before I bought the filing cabinet? It was she who insisted on buying it to tidy up all my papers.

We haven't thought much about the size of our 16-46 since it was placed in position. I can make a joke about the size because its size doesn't bother me in the least. It is just an implement to make very deep and loud bass (when necessary) in our hifi system.

I made very much larger cylinder speakers in my youth in the endless and hopeless search for bass when there was really not much to be found. My SVS 16-46 offers real bass in a much smaller package. (believe it or not) :D

I wouldn't now what to do with the space it takes up if the 16-46 was replaced with something much smaller. How do you value empty space? And why do you need permission to fill it? :p

Nimby

Tom Vodhanel said:
diablo...v-12...drool...

Here's another shot of our three cylindrical sizes next to a little V-8...

http://hometown.aol.com/tvodhanel/myhomepage/SS_SVS1.jpg

Tom V.

Tom

You're probaby too young to remember 7" 45rpm EP recordings of racing cars and motorbikes. I should think one of those SVS cylinders would make a decent recording of that V8 sound rather special. :D

Regards
Nimby

I have learned that you can never tell your wife/gf the 'real size' of a potential sub purchase, or you would never get your finger on the buy button! :devil:

Bass Oldie, that is fantastic, looks a reasonable sized box, don't know how you did it, but this is the image I shall show the Chief Financial Officer!
Des.
PS Are those AE Evo 3bs?

Nimby said:
All things are relative. Including the "better half". :devil:
And why do you need permission to fill it? :p

Nimby

:laugh: Take a long hard look at the T-Rex it doesn't even come close mate :eek:

Nimby said:
And why do you need permission to fill it? :p

Nimby

Because most people would object to a giant dustbin in their living rooms? :)

Smurfin said:
Because most people would object to a giant dustbin in their living rooms? :)
Agreed. The 25-31 Pci got too much for the eye in my lounge, I imagine a 16-46 would have diven me mad!

Good evening!
Bass-oldies picture shows my room...

the other loudspeakers you can see are Dynaudio Contour 3.3

Natrilix

I hope you didn't mind my little joke about subwoofer size comparisons? :blush:

You have a very nice room and system. But don't you find that placing your subwoofer in its present position lifts the bass from the left speaker?

I found that placing my subwoofer in the left corner (like yours) or even between the left speaker and the TV lifted the bass from the left speaker by 6-8dB! Even with the subwoofer turned off the bass was much too heavy with the sub in either position. The speakers-alone frequency response graph showed clearly the bass hump.

The 16-46 was acoustically coupling the left speaker to the corner as if the speaker itself was physically in the corner.

Since I couldn't move my speakers I moved my subwoofer to between the right speaker and the TV. The bass tightened up dramatically! Particularly on music. I still have a sub-15Hz and 110dB performance despite the sub being nearly 3 metres from the nearest corner.

But the 16-46 is considerably taller than your subwoofer and all speakers and rooms behave differently. So you may not gain from moving your sub to another position like I did. But I just though it might be worth trying as an experiment. Perhaps you have already perfected your system to your liking. In which case please ignore my suggestions. :)

Regards
Nimby

this is an old photo, the sub is now placed right to the left speaker.
The first position really liftet the left side bass.

I adjusted the subs size to mine ;)

My placement is similar to yours. Don't know about the speakers, but the sub works there best. The right speaker is more "cornerish", so it could just compensate fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom