Compare Lumagen VisionPro to VisionProHDP

starcat

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point out the main differences between both?

thanks,
Bob.

SDi inputs are standard, it is rack mountable and has a front display.

Steve

The VisionPro is also rackmountable and has an LCD display in front. SDI is optional though. Any other differences, software features and the like? Is there recent firmware update for the VisionPro? Thanks!

Orignal Pro is an ANALOGUE in SD only scaler. It cannot accept anything above 480i or 576i for processing. It uses the SIL504 and co-processor solution for de-interlacing along with Lumagens first generation scaling algorithms. It has 5 point RGB gamma calibration capability

Current Pro: Is an SD and HD capable processor. It can accept these soruces as either DIGITAL or ANALOGUE video. It has a Lumagen/Sil504 HYBRID SD de-interlacing solution and Lumagens own proprietry de-interlacing for HD. Scalinig is done using Lumagens own, higher accuracy, algorithms. Full 11 point RGB gamma calibration is now on board. The current Pro also accepts RGBcvS from Scart enabled sources and has multiple memories assocaited to the various incoming signal types. It is a higher performance, more flexible, scaling solution.

Gordon

Gordon, thanks much for the clarification!

Lumagen Pro HDP is a fine bit of kit, I am really looking forward to running Sky HD through it. :)

StooMonster

Damn Stoo - Lumagens, Crystalio II - have you got a pot of gold under your bed ;-)

SteveJR said:
Damn Stoo - Lumagens, Crystalio II - have you got a pot of gold under your bed ;-)
I do not have a Crystalio II :)

StooMonster

My mate is planning on getting C2 in near future, I'll check his out. It's flash and all that, but software is key isn't it?

Talking of which, one of Lumagen's strengths is their constant software updates. e.g. this week's completion of 10-bit path, which should make Sky HD's 1080i look spanking.

StooMonater

I've just been speaking with Jim @ Lumagen about that update. They were expecting it to remove more noise in image but have found a surprising benefit in increased detail and significantly reduced banding when you are using 1080P out......and tomorrow I spend a day playing with a Ruby, HDP Pro and 1.5 terrabytes of HD.....FUN FUN FUN

Gordon

Gordon @ Convergent AV said:
and tomorrow I spend a day playing with a Ruby, HDP Pro and 1.5 terrabytes of HD.....FUN FUN FUN

Gordon
I would sure like to know what Bill Blue would make of such a set-up.

Nick

Gordon, what media player and player setup did you use with the HD content (I assume it is HDD based)?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom