1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comparative reviews of 60" Plasmas

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkHB, Sep 2, 2004.

1. MarkHB

MarkHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there have a view on the relative merits of the different 60" (ish) screens out there ? I know of a Fujitsu, NEC and Sony but there may be others. All the retailers I've asked only seem to offer one model so can't give me an unbiased view. I'd be replacing a Pioneer 50" (unless you all tell me its not worth it !). Thanks

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    If you've got the room why not consider getting a projector and keeping the pioneer for day-to-day viewing.

I would not have thought the premium price that 60" models have over 50" ones is worth it myself and they can only make Sky or Cable TV look even worse.

If it were me and I had the space I'd get an electric screen to drop down in front of the plasma and a nice HD2+ DLP projector.

I am currently making the move from a 50" panny plasma to a Marantz S3 DLP projector and a 92" screen - all for less than a 60" plasma I'd guess too.

Cheers, Lee

3. MarkHB

MarkHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    interesting idea- i'll look into it. thanks.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard pioneer were releasing a 60" for about £12000 soon!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panny 65" will be very pricey, i wouldnt bother going bigger on plasma for a long while... however a PJ at £4k will throw a very very nice 8ft wide image in low ambient light to an excellent level, Just ask Messiah