Compaq Evo N1020v RAM Upgrade help.

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by jackwooly, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jackwooly

jackwooly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically, this laptop is currently running with 2x256mb (512mb :smashin) of RAM and I was looking to upgrade to the full 1GB.

I've done the Crucial and Kingston RAM finder thingys and here are the links if they are any use:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.aspx?model=Evo Notebook N1020v Series

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...+Notebook+N1020v&distributor=0&submit1=Search

I was hoping to be able to purchase 2x512mb at a cheaper price than I can off of these websites though but when searching through ebuyer etc. I am never sure whether their options will work in the laptop and I don't want to end up wasting money.

If anyone could advise me on where to find cheaper RAM for my system then it would be greatly appreciated.
    Brand of RAM is really no matter to me I would just like good value for money.

Any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Jack

2. icemanonline

icemanonline
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    Better from crucial mate...........its not that expensive from there.....and if you get the wrong memory else where you cannot return it becasue you ordered the wrong strip.

Get it fi crucial..........

icemanonline

3. sailinna

sailinna
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    I have a Evo N1020v too and what to ugrade the RAM from 256 RAM to 1GB. How easy is it to do it myself ? I'm familiar with changing components in a PC but I've never opened a laptop before. what's your opinion ?

other question: do you think it is realistic to install Windows Vista once I have 1 GB RAM ? (got Pentium 4 CPU 2 GHz, hard drive 28 GB)

sorry for these beginner's questions. any answer will be very appreciated, thanks

4. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,509
    Not unless you need it, it'll be noticibly slower than windows XP on that system and it apparently takes up 15-20GB of hard drive space

5. sailinna

sailinna
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you for your answer. I don't really need Vista, what I need is Office 2007 which I can install under Xp anyway.