Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Company says they had Harmony 885 in stock

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by tigermad, Jun 22, 2005.

1. tigermad

tigermad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +538
    I ordered a Harmony 885 from Gameseek on Monday and have not received it. Their website said it was in stock when I ordered.

Since reading the forums on here it looks like the thing hasn't been released in the UK yet.

Gameseek received the £160 from me for the unit via Paypal and have since not contacted me about shipment. I have emailed about 3 times now.

I am now issuing a second paypal dispute to them (the first was for some ps2 controllers I never received).

Please be wary when using this company.

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Check out the other 885 thread, it seems that several supplier are showing the 885 in stock when it isnt. I and several other people on here have had the 885 on order for over a month now (all paid for) Logitech's supplier is supposed to be getting stock on friday.

3. tigermad

tigermad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +538
    Isnt it it wrong to say they have them in stock and take your money?

4. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I would say yes, but then again how do you go about proving they didnt have 1 in stock and they got two orders...

Saying that, theyve not been released over in the UK yet.

5. AJStevens

AJStevens
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not happy about it either, but I've worked in Retail and just as we're promised a release date, retailers are promised a shipping/delivery date for stock. If there is a delay from the original supplier to distributers, then there's a delay to retailers, then there's a delay to customers.

Unfortunately Logitech dropped the ball (like so many games console manufacturers over the years) and we're the ones that have to wait.