• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Companion TV to projector ... ?

pragmatic

Distinguished Member
What companion TV do you use with your projector, Plasma or LCD? big, less big or small?

I'm looking to update my cathode LCD, and am torn for normal usage between a LCD and Plasma. Serious watching is done on JVC HD 350, so daylight viewing with wide viewing angles are probably the prime concern.

I've put this here rather than the TV section as it is specific to Projector Users.

edit: Maybe this should be a poll?

Last edited:

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Not sure what you're going to gain from the responses as I'm sure everyone has their own preferences (i.e. size/technology) as well as limitations (i.e. size/location of TV).

FWIW my daily use set is a Pioneer 50" Kuro (plasma). For movies and big(ger) screen gaming I use the projector.

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
I have an old 40" LCD TV (though it is fully calibrated by my Lumagen). I'd like to replace it with something more modern, but it's hard to justify the cost when it's only 'background' viewing.

I also like that the TV is 16:9 (as is much of my TV viewing) and my projector screen is 2.35:1 (as are most of the BluRays I watch on it), so they are a nice complement to each other. Viewed from the same 11' or so distance I go from 40" diagonal to near 10' wide. I never seem to bother watching BluRays on the TV since it's hard to tell HD from that distance compared to (Lumagen) upscaled SD.

Last edited:

djdhrubs

Banned
I have a 10 year old pre HDMI Panasonic 42 inch plasma screen. It cost me £4200 and remains the most expensive bit of kit I own!

:blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom