CompactFlash Cards...

Mr Cat

Ex Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
If you're ok with Ebay, plenty of people selling 1Gb normal Sandisk ones for about £40 inc P&P, and the Ultras for about £50, not sure if you'd need/want the extra speed or not....

I'm also looking for a CF card for a Powershot (G6).

Question is, will it take advantage of the higher speed CF cards around
(Sandisk UltraII, Lexar 40x+ etc)?

There's a good deal on Kingston 512MB at My Memory (£17.99) . Claims
to be 40X. Anyone with experience of this card?

Cheers
BTB

there are some cheap ones on e-bay, but 15 quid + postage...they having a laugh..?

Yes I noticed the (very) high postage charges . + reluctance to
combine purchases in the same package/postage. (I mean how heavy
is a CF card?)

I've had a couple of wobbles on Ebay recently which reminds me you have
factor in the risk too. (Non delivery (in my case) or possibly fake
parts in the case of memory cards)

Any idea if the G5/G6 can take advantage of high (write) speed cards, or
is all the benefit in PC download?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7699

For Shakey - Next to no difference for the Extreme and the Ultra 2 mate, unless you're shooting in extreme conditions, unlikely! Save yourself 30% and just get an UltraII

Speaking on a personal note, i've ordered about 6 memory cards off Ebay over the years, never any problems, Sandisk have international 5 year warranty anyway, just make sure your seller has a decent rating (many have 20,000+!!)

SeaneyC said:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7699

For Shakey - Next to no difference for the Extreme and the Ultra 2 mate, unless you're shooting in extreme conditions, unlikely! Save yourself 30% and just get an UltraII

Speaking on a personal note, i've ordered about 6 memory cards off Ebay over the years, never any problems, Sandisk have international 5 year warranty anyway, just make sure your seller has a decent rating (many have 20,000+!!)

:smashin: Cheers mate, I'll probably go for an ultra then.

sandisk extreme are better made and come with a lifetime warranty i know this is being picky but there you go as normal cheaper in hong kong then usa then here. a friend brought me back the Sandisk 1GB EXTREME III Compact Flash (133x Speed) only cost him £42 which is stupid when you think how much we are being ripped off in the uk

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom