1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

compact storage - eg caselogic

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by richard plumb, Mar 6, 2005.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    I've had a look at a few old threads, but the last one was a while ago now. So I thought it would be OK to raise the topic again.

Do any of you use compact storage for your DVDs? I've seen caselogic mentioned a few times on other forums, and thats certainly compact.

Would that be a good solution? I've also been looking at simple drawer type boxes with hanging files in - these seem neater to me, but I suppose with the caselogic type you can bring the whole thing downstairs and grab the DVD straightaway.

If you do put your DVDs away like this, what do you do about finding them? Do you pull out the sleeves and put them in some kind of binder, or use a database program like dvdprofiler to print out an index?

2. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I use a 510 disc 'DJ' case made from hard plastic and aluminium. A link to where I got it from can be found below:

http://www.planetmicro.co.uk/product_info.asp?stockcode=M003662

It comes with 255 numbered sleeves each of which can hold 2 discs. I use Microsoft Excel to keep a record of what is in each sleeve. I have uploaded my Excel file to my website for you see how I do it:

http://www.dudestudios.co.uk/DVDCOLLECTION.xls

Every so often I print off my Excel file and keep it in the case so I can look at the title of the DVD I want to watch, find the number and get it out. It's so easy I wonder why I didn't come up with this way of storing my DVDs sooner!

3. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,027
    cool, looks good. I use DVD profiler, and that can output in excel (at least .csv). Reports are nice, but take up loads of room, and this looks like a good way to keep an up to date index in the case.

Looks like you don't worry about alphabetical order either, which is a plus point. and you've got 'specials' out on the shelve just as I plan too :)

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I didn't realise that, I'll have to give it a try this weekend! :)