Question Compact Soundbar + multiroom

Warren74

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, apologies if my question below has been asked before but couldn't see in any forums.

I'm looking to get a compact soundbar with multiroom capabilities.
Needs to be compact as stand is only 80cm wide.

So far, my own research is pointing me towards Sonos Beam with a couple of One speakers.
The apps that come with Sonos are also swaying me towards it too as have a Spotify premium account and like the fact can play different music to each speaker.
With 10% introductory offer at Very, can get that setup for just over £660.

Would like Dolby atmos soundbar but probably out of my budget.

Any suggestions for alternative setup?

Thanks in advance,
Warren

Last edited:
To be honest the Sonus is probably going to be your best bet, you could look at the Sony HT-MT500 which is really small and comes with an external subwoofer and multi-room capabilities. If the sub is important this might be an option.

Hi folks, apologies if my question below has been asked before but couldn't see in any forums.

I'm looking to get a compact soundbar with multiroom capabilities.
Needs to be compact as stand is only 80cm wide.

So far, my own research is pointing me towards Sonos Beam with a couple of One speakers.
The apps that come with Sonos are also swaying me towards it too as have a Spotify premium account and like the fact can play different music to each speaker.
With 10% introductory offer at Very, can get that setup for just over £660.

Would like Dolby atmos soundbar but probably out of my budget.

Any suggestions for alternative setup?

Thanks in advance,
Warren
Good set up

Even cheaper than very
Sonos Beam Surround Sound Set, Black at John Lewis & Partners

Only other suggestion would be the Bose 500 bar with rears, but no multi room option.

Thanks MarkJon. JL have the mt500 for £319 and speakers at £149 each so actually works out cheaper!

Can't find anywhere comparing the 2 systems.

Thanks Sagaris but that's got the play:1 speakers and not the Ones. Think the Ones will be more future proof
Oh good point, didn’t notice

To be fair, only if you plan on moving them around to other rooms. If they stay in that room with the Beam, Alexa is defunct. Though I suppose looking at the future is a good point.

Sonos is the go to for this kind of setup. But most other manufacturers do multiroom too - Yamaha, Panasonic, Samsung, LG certainly do.

Sagaris, plan is to move them around the house and not just leave by the tv.
I'll probably get fed up of this and save up and buy 2 more!

Zeppelino, looked at those but couldn't see compact soundbars

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom