Compact, modern alternative to a Paradigm PS1000 Subwoofer?

Could you spend 600£, make an offer for this one if you accept white. It`s powerfull sealed sub that will be massive step up from the XLS200 for movies and for music cause you get more weight and depth. SVS has transferable warranty so you will be covered. As i mentioned this is 999£ new in shop.

If you have very large room or just room which opens to another spaces then it`s going to be trickier to fill that with one compact sealed woofer.
Thanks, that's a considerable saving. I'm not sure on white, I'm usually a matching veneer guy, but I might have to adjust my expectations. White /black seems typical.

Glad to hear you've made a choice you're happy with OP. I've been following with interest as I'm tempted to upgrade my XLS200 Mk1 to the 300PR, but I'm looking also for performance vs form factor.

Although I can wait to save a larger budget, I can't justify the size of a Monolith, but do want more movie slam whilst maintaining the musicality of a sealed sub. I really should demo the 300PR to decide.

Thank you! From what I've read and specs, it's worth the wait if you have the space but I'd urge you to listen before buying if you can, I don't think I'd ever buy a subwoofer without hearing now.

Will yours be on show? Form factor and looks were massively important to me which really narrows down choice naturally.

Good luck on your search! The SB2000 below might tick your boxes?

Fair enough, there just wasn`t any other options in that ££ range but at least you got it fairly cheap and still get at least ~200£ after few years i would believe. And yeah it looks nice.

I remember at least 3 members battling with some amp failures on PV1D. Super expensive, very small and not much output below 40hz. I wouldn´t pay 300£ for that. It`s lifestyle product. For 700£ as i already mentioned the Arendal 1961 would have wiped the floors with all options, shame you couldn´t save up but after couple years hopefully then can go with the boys (PB2000 Pro / PB3000 or Monoprice THX ranges) as you know now what kind of impact those big boxes will give if you looking more cinematic feel then still. :)

The REL T9i is more toward hifi systems due to small size/looks, it has similar passive radiator design to BK, but quite steep roll off from ~28hz so it would be like high tuned ported sub and not as much output so not at BKs level for movies. Example their own HT/1205 model would be much better option for purely HT and cheaper!

Exactly, I was quite limited from the outset due to size/looks!

Those things did worry me with the PV1D, I saw a video of some guy opening it up and it doesn't look like something that can easily be repaired if it does go wrong. It does look cool tho!

The HT range is awesome, hopefully the next gen are available in white too.

Could you spend 600£, make an offer for this one if you accept white. It`s powerfull sealed sub that will be massive step up from the XLS200 for movies and for music cause you get more weight and depth. SVS has transferable warranty so you will be covered. As i mentioned this is 999£ new in shop.

If you have very large room or just room which opens to another spaces then it`s going to be trickier to fill that with one compact sealed woofer.

Such a good deal, somebody will snap it up soon.

Afternoon,

Hoping somebody can help me find a subwoofer please!

Current system:
Harman Kardon Citation Amp
Wharfedale Evo 4.3
Paradigm PS1000 Subwoofer

The PS1000 belongs to my dad and eventually needs to make its way back. I love the sound and depth this subwoofer provides but it's far too big for my room and where its located.

Without demoing multiple subs at home, can anybody recommend something smaller and newer that comes close to the sound a Paradigm PS1000 produces please?

I'm currently using a SVS SB1000 Pro and whilst on paper it's more powerful, it's sealed nature means it just can't do what the Paradigm does. I do appreciate its a lot more compact too so if I can find something that does 75% of what the Paradigm does, I would be happy! Usage is 70% TV/30% music.

Thank you.
must admit i had a svs 1000 about 3 years ago and wasnt impressed, then purchased a bk better but hummed all the time bk told me it was my mains/lead/time of year etc changed everything still hummed sent it back , ignore the reviews and just trust your own judgement, if it sounds good to you then, its good.

must admit i had a svs 1000 about 3 years ago and wasnt impressed, then purchased a bk better but hummed all the time bk told me it was my mains/lead/time of year etc changed everything still hummed sent it back , ignore the reviews and just trust your own judgement, if it sounds good to you then, its good.

Thanks - I fully agree! There are many other factors (placement, decor etc) that effect any subs capabilities in your room - what is difficult is buying one without testing it in your own home.

I had the humming problem too with my subs but used a better quality shielded cable and that fixed it! I am using the L+R line out to connect my sub.

Thanks - I fully agree! There are many other factors (placement, decor etc) that effect any subs capabilities in your room - what is difficult is buying one without testing it in your own home.

I had the humming problem too with my subs but used a better quality shielded cable and that fixed it! I am using the L+R line out to connect my sub.
on bks advice i went through all there suggestions to no avail, i think it probably faulty.

on bks advice i went through all there suggestions to no avail, i think it probably faulty.

Ahh okay you probably were unlucky! Judging by your signature, I assume you chose to no longer use a subwoofer entirely?

Ahh okay you probably were unlucky! Judging by your signature, I assume you chose to no longer use a subwoofer entirely?
i have just purchased an elac debut eq10 , which quite frankly is stonking oddles of power and an eq phone based app that works really well, brand new 240 quid how could i not?

i have just purchased an elac debut eq10 , which quite frankly is stonking oddles of power and an eq phone based app that works really well, brand new 240 quid how could i not?

Thats a real bargain, excellent find! I did come across Elacs in my search but they weren't available in white.

Thats a real bargain, excellent find! I did come across Elacs in my search but they weren't available in white.
there just charcoal as far as im aware, if you can get something thats a bargain get it wrapped?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom