• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Compact good for low light shots

loziv

Standard Member
Hi

I am looking for a compact digital camera, that has good low light capability (for shots such as birthdays, evenings, clubs etc) as many compacts seem to be poor when taking these shots. It must also be quite small and portable, basically fit in a trouser pocket.

I have been looking at the Panasonic TZ6 which is at the very top end of my budget at £206.

I was looking at around the £100-150 mark and would be interested to hear views on how the TZ6 which from reviews and apart from the new TZ7 is one of the best compact cameras?

I have also seen online the Panasonic DMC- FS7EB and the DMC-FS15EB and how do these compare to the TZ6?

Finally I have just seen the Fujifilm FinePix f50FD for £95, and wondered of this would be a better option?

Or are there any others I should consider?

TIA

eduk

Distinguished Member
Hi

I am looking for a compact digital camera, that has good low light capability (for shots such as birthdays, evenings, clubs etc) as many compacts seem to be poor when taking these shots. It must also be quite small and portable, basically fit in a trouser pocket.

I have been looking at the Panasonic TZ6 which is at the very top end of my budget at £206.

I was looking at around the £100-150 mark and would be interested to hear views on how the TZ6 which from reviews and apart from the new TZ7 is one of the best compact cameras?

I have also seen online the Panasonic DMC- FS7EB and the DMC-FS15EB and how do these compare to the TZ6?

Finally I have just seen the Fujifilm FinePix f50FD for £95, and wondered of this would be a better option?

Or are there any others I should consider?

TIA

The F50 will be a very good compact for £95. While the bigger sensor will mean that it is not as good in low-light (ISO 1600) as my F30 or the F31, it'll still be a good all round budget camera.

The TZ6 gets great reviews, but is 200 quid and as you said at the top end of your budget.

You need to decide if your budget is £200 or is it REALLY £100? :D You can't compare cameras at opposite ends of your budget.

If it is £100 then I don't think you'll go far wrong with the F50, but there are many cameras to choose from at £100.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom