1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compact digi camera - which of my options is best?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by russraff, Oct 25, 2005.

1. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Hello all,

I am trying to find the "best" digi camera for up to £180 and no more. I have narrowed my search to the following models:

Sony Cybershot W5
    Canon Ixus 40
    Olympus Mju 600

I am after a camera that will take a pretty good picture - I used to have a Coolpix 3200 and thought the results were quite poor, especially in the dark. There was lots of noise and there would often be "colour bleed" where a dark colour contrasted with a brighter one (tree branches against a sky, for example). I am hoping that the models mentioned above will solve these issues, as well as provide better performance all round. I would like the camera to fit into your pocket, too

However, I have no idea about anything camera wise and do not know if the above choices are the best of the choices available in terms of the criteria above and general picture quality. The site I have been using to compare cameras is:
    http://www.cameras.co.uk/
    They have sample images that, while not direvtly comparable, do offer some guidance. Can you guys help out in making my decision - maybe there is some operational quirk that most of the 'net sites do not pick up on?

Thanks for your help,

Russell