1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compact AV System?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by p3rfect, Jul 27, 2005.

1. p3rfect

p3rfect
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once again I find myself back on the forums with a little money to burn :thumbsup:

I'm selling an unused arcam p90/3 on eBay, should hopefully get £450 for it, and also concidering selling a pair of unused Dynaudio Contour 1.1's although I'm not sure. Could possibly get £500 for those.

So a £1000 budget, maybe a little extra (as always!).

What I am looking for is a compact, stylish and discrete AV system to go in my bedroom, including LCD TV (17" ?), DVD player, AV Receiver, tuner and 5/6.1 speakers. I do not need a cd player as my iPod will be the audio source.

Since it's to go in my bedroom on a small screen it doesn't have to be absolutly stunning video quality but I would like it to be reasonably musical.

Any comments on the following?

Mikomi 1701W 17in Widescreen LCD TV from Argos
    This seems to be a huge bargain and gets favourable reviews on this forum.

From the Onkyo Home Theatre Range:
    A/V Receiver
    No idea which one!

DVD Player
    I like the DiVX/XViD idea.

RI Dock for my iPod photo
    Huge selling point for me!

For speakers I can either keep my dynaudio's, use them as fronts and buy the surrounds, center and sub OR sell the dyn's and buy a dedicated speaker package. Any thoughts?

Also, does anyone have any idea where I can purchase Onkyo gear from? Seems exceptionally limited in the UK...and yet they do seem to get good reviews from users on this forum.

Wow long post!