Compact amp (class D ?) with sub out

crmb

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a compact amp to re-use a pair of bookshelf main speakers + sub. (from my previous 5.1 setup)
I have seen the TEAC AI-301 (is this brand overpriced nowadays ?), Yamaha A-U670...
But i can't find info about the crossover frequency. Actually it appear there is none for the TEAC, and i can't find the info neither in Yamaha doc.
Making a 2.1 amp without bass management seems strange.

Am i missing something ? Maybe there is better brands in this category ?

I remember my speakers working usually fine in LARGE setting but clipping happened in a few occasions at "high" volume.
My sub has speakers in and out for bass management but that means more cables...

Last edited:
1.Denon RCD-N’s 8,9 or 10
2.Marantz MC-R610 or 611.
3. Denon RCD-M’s 39,40 or 41

Full range signal that you then control using the crossover in the sub - that's why it is there on the sub

I am looking for a compact amp to re-use a pair of bookshelf main speakers + sub. (from my previous 5.1 setup)
I have seen the TEAC AI-301 (is this brand overpriced nowadays ?), Yamaha A-U670...
But i can't find info about the crossover frequency. Actually it appear there is none for the TEAC, and i can't find the info neither in Yamaha doc.

Am i missing something ? Maybe there is better brands in this category ?

I remember my speakers working usually fine in LARGE setting but clipping happened in a few occasions at "high" volume.
My sub has speakers in and out for bass management but that means more cables...
Unless 218 x 96 mm is too big, take a look at this recently released streaming amp with sub out

£1299 may be too pricy for you, but I'm sure it offers very good facilities and sound quality and you probably need no other electronics or cables apart from speaker cables.

At 215 x 100 mm there's the better sounding NAD M10 where a used one could probably be found for less than the C700 new. Both are Class D so plenty of power from a small cool box!. Good hunting!

Last edited:
Thanks, looking at the various suggestions.

(Not pushing it above 500£(600€). It will be plugged to my main computer (mostly local collection of digital audio) so i don't need much modern functionalities.)

You should look at the Fosi Audio offerings. I got a BT20A for this kind of usage, and it's great. The BT20A is a 2.0 amp, but they also have a 2.1 channel version, the BT30D, which sounds like what you want.

For use in a desktop setting you should have a look at the spectacular new Topping PA5

If you need a DAC/Preamp add the E50.
If required you could always add the L50 headphone amplifier later.

For use in a desktop setting you should have a look at the spectacular new Topping PA5

If you need a DAC/Preamp add the E50.
If required you could always add the L50 headphone amplifier later.
This amp is superb for 2 channel. It doesn't have sub-out. I'm looking for a similar solution as OP. I have a Topping DX3 Pro I want to use for DAC to output to an amp with 2.1 channels. Also, I'm trying to keep cost low. It seems there's a big gap in the market for a product like this. Right now I'm looking at the Wiim amp. I wish Topping made a 2.1 amp.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom