1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comp Video

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hornydragon, Jan 21, 2002.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Can you point me in the right direction for composite Video cable, is 75ohm coax (digital cable) the stuff to use or Analogue phono leads, I'm going to be limited to composite until I get a new TV, so I don't want to spend too much but I want to get the best of what I've got. Polishing a turd is the technical expression I think.

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    75ohm coax (digital cable) is the stuff to use. RG59, RG 6 or Cat 100 widely available, all cheap so buy their best screened one.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Some el-cheapo SAT cable will do the trick, not necessarily referred to as digital cable.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Are lektropacks Prolink any good, whats the service from them like? Is there anyway to find out what an amp/receiver will do when presented witha mono source, will it double to 2 identical channels or just use 1 speaker? Any hints, I have the manual but no receiver as yet. Are Laktropacks better than cambridge Audio from RS or the same league? Cheers

5. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,022
    I use Lektopacks prolink for my component signal from DVD to projector - a 10m length. It is absolutely fine. Service was excellent, custom made cable 48hrs delivery.

If your amp/receiver is given a mono source, (ie left and right stereo, both identical or via a digital connection) and is set to ProLogic, or DTS Neo6 etc, it will route the single channel to the centre speaker. If you set the amp to "stereo", or to bypass any signal processing (its called "direct" on my Denon) it will route the signal to the front L&R speakers equally.

Can't comment on Cambridge/RS.