Community Vision/Stacker Destacker Issue

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by fourtears, Mar 9, 2005.

1. fourtears

fourtears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sky feeds in my apartment block are provided at great expense by a company called Community Vision in Tonbridge. I currently have one feed but would like to get Sky+. On discussing this with them they offered to lay new cables but they would have to come through the edge of the door frame and along the walls of the flat. This I declined as I don't want the unsightly cables.

I then read on this forum about a Stacker/Destacker that enables the one line already in my wall to be used for two feeds. Community Vision were aware of the technology but decliend to fit it as they have had so many problems with the system breaking down every 6 months. Is this something other people have experienced? Anyone offer aqny convincing lines of argument I can use with this company?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    contact rb10 he is looking at a similar system, and has been told of relaibility issues, also worth contacting satalogue and satcure who sell these, if they are lots and lots of hassle i am sure they wouldnt sell them as constantly swapping them out is expensive.........

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Fourtears,

Please do let me know if you get a satisfactory outcome to this.

I think I may even be in the same apartment building as your good self (onsite gym, swimming pool and courtyard fountain by any chance?) ;)

4. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    From within the trade I have heard of stacker issues and am personally staying away from them.

(If you live in a flat DO NOT get excited)
    The only other alternative for houses who have a loft box installed is to use a Loft Box Expander and a DIP1 from Global Communications.

These basically diplex (add) the second IF feed to the Loft box end of the RF2 cable feed from the lounge and then peels it back off at the lounge end.

The concept does go against the grain a little to have signals flowing in opposite directions, but as long as they are at different frequencies than it works fine.

Chris

5. rb10

rb10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi fourtears

as HornyD said, I was looking into the stacker/destacker system recently for my flat. However, I've been disuaded as the few private satellite installation companies I spoke to all were adamant that the stackers were a pile of crap. but if you do hear otherwise in your research then please let me know too.

cheers

6. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you guys need a discreet dish, called a cubsat, especially if you have a south facing balcony. www.cubsat.com

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    do you guys by any chance have an aerial feed as well as sat? if so you can send analogue TV, DVB, FM, DAB and sat down the same Coax..................the issue is coax feeds generally.........

8. akagotenks

akagotenks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your can send pretty much any signal down a coax cable but it has to be diplexed at each end if you are on a communal system then no dought you will have all the relitive tv fm an sat going into a ditribution amp and then a 3 way face plate in the way diplexing the different signals out at the other end