Communal feed U/S?

sapper

Communal feed U/S?

Hi all...

Advice please...

I have a sinbgle sky dish Communal feed into my flat.

I was using a DVB-s card to watch and record BC-HD stuff, but for about 3 months it appears to be us.

OVer the weekend, I swapped the card into another PC, used a different co-ax fed and the card still does not register any channels.

So I guess the feed is US.

So what are my options?

• One is to call the council and see if they can repair it through a contractor?
  • Arange my own contractor who will have to laise with the council to gain acces to the roof...
  • Call the council and see if i can install a quad LNB on the flat roof of the block. The other blocks have their dishes mounted on the side but due to a tree, I canot follow that option. then i could go Sky HD and/or mutiple DVb-S2 tuners etc in the future.

Have I missed any thing out - are there any other options I have over looked?

How much for a sat install approx? Or would it be better value to get sky to instal the dish on the roof and subscribe for a year rather than pay for the installation my self.

All sensible ideas welcome please

Adrian

fernandez

Novice Member
Have any other residents on the same communal system have the same problem and have you tried a Sky receiver on the feed in your flat?

sapper

Have any other residents on the same communal system have the same problem and have you tried a Sky receiver on the feed in your flat?

Good point,

As far as I know no one else has sky.

There are only 7 flats.

I do not have a sky box to try out the feed other wise I would have done.

I guess I ought to take the Pc upstairs and try their feed; and/or find a friend who has a working sky feed and try their feed.

Adrian

fernandez

Novice Member
You could have an SCR smart splitter installed, SCR MDU kit:Global Invacom :thumbsup:

Possibly, but the OP said:

"I was using a DVB-s card to watch and record BC-HD stuff, but for about 3 months it appears to be us"

So, evidently it used to work but now doesn't and also:

"I swapped the card into another PC, used a different co-ax fed and the card still does not register any channels".

As things stand it could be either the feed or the PC card at fault.

The OP's suggestion of:

"I guess I ought to take the Pc upstairs and try their feed; and/or find a friend who has a working sky feed and try their feed"

Seems very sensible and would certainly eliminate (or confirm) the PC card

Possibly, but the OP said:

"I was using a DVB-s card to watch and record BC-HD stuff, but for about 3 months it appears to be us"

So, evidently it used to work but now doesn't and also:

"I swapped the card into another PC, used a different co-ax fed and the card still does not register any channels".

As things stand it could be either the feed or the PC card at fault.

The OP's suggestion of:

"I guess I ought to take the Pc upstairs and try their feed; and/or find a friend who has a working sky feed and try their feed"

Seems very sensible and would certainly eliminate (or confirm) the PC card

:eek: and i was sober when i put that,:rolleyes:

alan1572

we I'll be..... you learn a new thing every lunar cycle or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom