1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

communal dish help!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by darren7, Nov 29, 2003.

1. darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I have moved into a block of flats and would like sky.

I have asked the managment company about this and they want £300 just to run a feed into the flat. and then £50 per year for the up keep,

I have a face plate, with radio and tv, and then another with a single sat socket. I removed the sat socket and found that it allready has the cable conected to the rear.

Looking in the electricity meter room I have found some junction boxes 3 way with lab gear on them, they all go up the wall and into a room, I think in the room is the main box that the sat systems all go to.

would a satallite feed go strait from my wall socket directly to the main splitter box in the room?

or is it possible for a sat feed to go into this labgear 3 way thing?

I have fitted basic house systems before but no nothing about this, I think they are trying it on a bit.

I would have no worries conecting it up, but do I go directly to the main box? or just to this 3 way thing.

thank you guys.

2. Ridcully

Feb 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I would suspect the lab gear boxes are for the TV and radio. MIne is set up with Tv and radio feeds going to a labgear combiner, this then feeds a bunch of teleste taps which supply the flats with the tv and radio signal. One of the taps also goes to a multi switch which also has the four feeds from the dish. The mutliswitch then has outputs to each flat.

This give one feed per flat from the the switch (lounge) giving TV/FM and Sat and a feed from the tap (bedroom) giving TV and FM.

You may be able to save some money if you can get access to the room you are talking about. What I did was come an agreement with a neighbour who did not want sat. Using two cross over cables in the main swtich room, I connected their sat feed to my bedroom cable and my tv / FM feed to their lounge cable. I then just extended my bedroom cable in my flat. This gave me to sat feeds in the flat allowing Sky+

Hope this helps