Common problem..Slow internet after installing Sky Multiroom

DanCheater

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

Looking for help for a pretty common problem by the looks of it,

My Sky Broadband has never been quick, though we got our second multiroom installed yesterday and the speed has dropped to almost nothing.

After a bit of research, it seems that our main HD+ box doesn't need to be hooked up to the phone line (except for PPV/interactive etc), but our two multiroom boxes DO need to be hooked up, as this lets Sky be nosey/make sure that the boxes we've got are being used at our address etc. If I unplug them from the phone line then we get sent letters or could possibly be charged the full rate for all the boxes we have.

Has anyone got any tips that could help me get my broadband speed back up to to something usable? Again, looking around the internet, the best bet would be to make sure that I have sufficient ADSL filters on all my phone ports that are in use.

Is it as simple as this?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Broadz

After a bit of research, it seems that our main HD+ box doesn't need to be hooked up to the phone line (except for PPV/interactive etc), but our two multiroom boxes DO need to be hooked up, as this lets Sky be nosey/make sure that the boxes we've got are being used at our address etc.

All multiroom boxes must be connected to the same phoneline. If you don't connect your "main HD+ box" - how do Sky know that the main HD+ box and card are in use at your house and not a friend or neighbours?

Are all three phone connections running through microfilters? If not, that is the cause of your problem.

logiciel

After a bit of research, it seems that our main HD+ box doesn't need to be hooked up to the phone line
Hi and welcome to AVF.
Sky's Terms and Conditions for multiroom installations make it clear without any need for research that all receivers must be connected to the same telephone landline, and they normally do enforce that condition.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom