1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commet right price for tx32pl4c1 Bargin!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by stevejknight, Jan 2, 2003.

1. stevejknight

stevejknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen that comet are selling a Panasonic TX32PL4C1 for £699. This price beats all other retailers and web prices by a minimum of £100.
    The set features are quite good apart from the 50Hz picture.
    Is this a price error by comet?
    I rang them to check. The price is correct they said but no outlets have the set in stock. They are all still at the major warehouse apparently because they have not got the stands for the sets.

If you purchase the set Comet will have to stick to the selling price which does include a stand.

May be a good buy for some of the readers here.

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/297_840353.html

2. drphibes

drphibes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Comet had the set int he Aintree store Liverpool.
    No price was on the set but as you say it is indeed online @£699 which is a very good price.

At present I am having a few problems with my Thomson 100hz set and had contemplated asking comet to exchange it for the panasonic set that you are looking at but I have read that this set might suffer from problems that effect the panasonic pl1?.
    I decided to try another Thomson because if I can get one without the colour staining problem they really are cracking sets for the price of £700

Maybe someone will arrive to shed more light on this but maybe if you do a search on the forums it might give you a idea.

Drphibes

3. Nana

Nana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the set here at my local store near Heathrow, listed as £699, I'm about to buy the thing myself so good luck to us all.:D

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Mooooving to special offers.