Comments about the antec overture case

O

oreoboy13

I was hoping i could get some feedback from people about this case? antec overture

looking to buy from microdirect and put these components in it:

AMD Athlon XP 3200
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe +WiFi card
Crucial 512 DR400
Sapphire 9800Pro 128mb Ultimate (fanless)
160 GB Samsung SP1614C Serial ATA
Pioneer DVR-107 DVD +/-R/RW Black
Zalman 7000ACu Copper
Sweetspot card
RME (for 2 channel music playback)

I know i may have to upgrade the psu to a silenX, but i was wondering whether people think i might run into any porblems with these components in this case.

Also would i be able to put a VFD in one of the 3.5" face plates?

Thanks for any advice

S

spamboy

I've got one, very pretty, nice case... but it gets quite warm and then gets a bit noisy.

scouse

I have one too... lovely case but the smart cool plus fan which comes as standard isn't the quiestest in the world, but i live in a tiny room so may notice it more...

i'm sure someone else could recommend a quieter fan for you if you want it to be silent...

one thing though, the finish shows every single fingerprint/hand print so may not stay that shiny and nice with the kids!!! :D

ledzep100

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my new HTPC. Got a couple of questions for you.

How hard do you think it would be to get a little 16x2 row lcd display into the central 3.5 floppy bay?
Also what are the feet like ? Could you get some nicer one's on?

Cheers

ledzep

MikeTV

Distinguished Member
but it gets quite warm and then gets a bit noisy
I agree with this and other comments. I was wondering about the exhaust fan, and notice it has a second power connector (ie. small main board connector). Does anyone know if it would be possible to use this connector instead, and perhaps bypass the thermal sensing, and use a fanmate to control the speed instead? What does the second power connector do?

The fan is pretty quiet when the PC is cool/idle.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom