1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comment after 6 months of projecting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by redrocket, Dec 13, 2004.

1. redrocket

redrocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not been back to the forum for a while - too busy watching the projector :clap:

I just thought I would write with a conclusion I have come to:

Initially, the projector experience is just awesome - fantastic. I turn it on and start to giggle and clap (when I'm alone of course) :blush:
    But after a while, when you have had several quiet evenings watching films you can begin to really study the quality.
    I managed to get off the hi-fi arms race; no longer interested in gold connectors or speaker stands full of sand. However, with the projector I find myself becoming more and more appreciative of everything that is right (and wrong) with what I have got.

I guess the cinematic experience is so vivid with both sound and vision that there is plenty to criticise.

In conclusion, my projector is great and I am very pleased I bought it. I would just caution anyone going for a low budget pj, or installing in a room that is not well suited that you will spend 100s of hours watching the thing. There is ample time for any deficiencies to become very apparent.

2. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,009
    And your PJ is?

3. redrocket

redrocket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony HS20 - luvly jubly

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Fantastic model redrocket. Destined to become a classic !!