• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Commando (Director's Cut)

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
A high def release of this movie with those extra's would be fantastic.

I have seen Commando recently on SKY HD and did look very good.

I would love to get hold of the directors cut, especially with all those extras, but with having just upgraded my kit for HD / BR, I want to steer clear of buying standard-def discs if at all possible.

Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken ***** SD version, you want to stick a HD version in ;)

inzaman

I'd love a hidef version of this movie, theres just something about Schwarzenegger's 80's shoot em up movies :cool:

markymark34

I'd love a hidef version of this movie, theres just something about Schwarzenegger's 80's shoot em up movies :cool:

your so right! 80s action movies rule!!

Its all the little faults in this movie that i love like the card board soldiers at the end when arnie is blowing up the buildings.

'let off some steam bennett'

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
All the best action movies were made in the 80's (with no cgi)

Rambo trilogy
Commando
Predator
Die Hard
Blue Thunder
Aliens
Terminator 1 & 2
Bad Boys
Cobra
Roadhouse

etc etc

& then you had all the great horror & sci-fi movies from the 80's too

cgi has brought its own merits, but back in the 80's what you saw was generally real sfx and these old 80's flicks look great in High def :cool:

inzaman

Rambo trilogy
Commando
Predator
Die Hard
Blue Thunder
Aliens
Terminator 1 & 2
Bad Boys
Cobra
Roadhouse

etc etc

cgi has brought its own merits, but back in the 80's what you saw was generally real sfx and these old 80's flicks look great in High def :cool:

I'd agree with that except T2 and Bad Boys were made in the 90's :smoke:

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
I'd agree with that except T2 and Bad Boys were made in the 90's :smoke:

Damn you are right of course :rolleyes:

T2 was 1991, so "nearly" late 80's :)

But i was way out with Bad Boys @ 1995 ... ooops :rotfl:

Mr Merrick

I know you were out with T2, but that film's renowned for its breakthrough 'CGI' back in the day.

Still jazzed about the Commando DC though. Any idea what the branching scenes will entail. It was rumourded that the infamous 'arm-chopping' scene (which was cut in the UK) was intended to be even more violent. Arnie's suggestion being "Why don't I chop da guys arm orf then smack him with his own fist?"

7hil

I know you were out with T2, but that film's renowned for its breakthrough 'CGI' back in the day.

Still jazzed about the Commando DC though. Any idea what the branching scenes will entail. It was rumourded that the infamous 'arm-chopping' scene (which was cut in the UK) was intended to be even more violent. Arnie's suggestion being "Why don't I chop da guys arm orf then smack him with his own fist?"

Just watched the US HD version and that arm chopping scene smarts!

Paul Mela

Rambo trilogy
Commando
Predator
Die Hard
Blue Thunder
Aliens
Terminator 1 & 2
Bad Boys
Cobra
Roadhouse

etc etc

Where's the Chuck Norris films???????????:D

Delta Force
Missing in Action
Invasion USA

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
... and Code of Silence :cool:

COMMANDO on HD dvd - standard cut (but with arm chop)

or Directors cut SD DVD - with extended footage and extras

Grrrrr, why isn't this new Directors cut HD - with SD extras ????

inzaman

Do you know what the extended footage will contain?

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
No ... but imagine it will be extra action rather than dialogue.

Or at least i hope so, lets hope its not more scenes of Vernon running round in his chain mail vest looking like Freddy Mercury :rotfl:

inzaman

No ... but imagine it will be extra action rather than dialogue.

Or at least i hope so, lets hope its not more scenes of Vernon running round in his chain mail vest looking like Freddy Mercury :rotfl:

Its probably more of Arnie rowing in the dingy :eek::D

TarPot

I recevied my Director's cut today. The changes aren't that much. Bit of dialog, a scene with General Kirby which is a bit too much like Col. Trautman. and a little more gore in the "woodshed scene"

I'm going to stick with my Blu-Ray disc.

inzaman

I recevied my Director's cut today. The changes aren't that much. Bit of dialog, a scene with General Kirby which is a bit too much like Col. Trautman. and a little more gore in the "woodshed scene"

I'm going to stick with my Blu-Ray disc.

Do you have it on Blu-Ray?

TarPot

inzaman

Tarpot, is it that a US version and is it region locked?

TarPot

Tarpot, is it that a US version and is it region locked?

Yes it is the US version.

It says region A on the back. So I'd assume it is region locked, as other Fox titles seems to be. But I've not tried in on a UK player.

TarPot

That box doesn't say anything about it being a Directors' Cut and the Directors Cut isn't out until 18th! I don't even think it's being relaesed on blu-ray. Looks to me like you have the orginal BD release that was withdrawn. :confused:

Yes it is only the theatrical cut on the blu-ray.

I was refering to the region 1 dvd of the director's cut. Sorry for any confusion.

7hil

Ah, confusion cleared up. Cheers! :thumbsup:

TarPot

My bad. :D

Looks like I received the director's cut early.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom