Commando Blu ray UK

marcaaron22

Just ordered Commando on Blu ray (UK) I'm hoping its not cut

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums mobile app

marcaaron22

No wonder people illegally download movies, (not that i do, cos i like the original artwork) I try to get the uncut stuff on blu ray, but if it's not available uncut on blu ray why bother paying for low quality 'uncut' on dvd?

I wish DVD and VHS would hurry up and become extinct, they are low quality sh and have no place in my collection any more..., I only hang on to DVDs that arn't on blu ray,

I'm trying to get rid of DVDs, not add to it..
Blu ray or HD digital downloads is all I'm interested in now

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
To be honest, the DC doesnt add much to the film and the best bit about it is the extras.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
There is cut, and there is cut. The old UK DVD was heavily censored for violence. Pretty much butchered worse than what Arnie did after he got out of the shed type cut. Here is the cuts from it

• R2 United Kingdom- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment - Yes - 85:34 mins. Approximately 56 seconds of missing footage in total:
    - 02:01 (4 sec.) Making sure the first target is dead by shooting him again.
    - 21:18 (5 sec.) John Matrix snapping Henriques's neck.
    - 45:31 (14 sec.) Close up of Cooke dying whilst impaled on a table leg.
    - 66:50 (1 sec.) John cutting guard's throat.
    - 67:09 (2 sec.) John cutting another guard's throat.
    - 67:18 (5 sec.) John killing two guards.
    - 68:35 (5 sec.) John shooting two guards.
    - 70:20 (4 sec.) John shooting more guards.
    - 71:36 (2 sec.) John stabbing a guard with a pitchfork in the chest.
    - 71:40 (6 sec.) John using an axe and a machete to dispatch two more guards.
    - 79:16 (2 sec.) Bennett gets a longer electric shock.
    - 79:50 (1 sec.) Pipe hitting Bennett.
    - 79:55 (5 sec.) Panning shot along the pipe protruding from Bennett's chest.
But ontop of that there is also a directors cut which just has a few extra shots of him exiting the garden shed and disposing of people with various garden tools in high camp fashion.

The UK Blu-Ray is uncut for censors, but does not have the director cut extra scenes.

If you have only ever seen Commando on VHS or UK DVD the changes will be very noticeable throughout with those new scenes.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
There is cut, and there is cut. The old UK DVD was heavily censored for violence. Pretty much butchered worse than what Arnie did after he got out of the shed type cut. Here is the cuts from it

But ontop of that there is also a directors cut which just has a few extra shots of him exiting the garden shed and disposing of people with various garden tools in high camp fashion.

The UK Blu-Ray is uncut for censors, but does not have the director cut extra scenes.

If you have only ever seen Commando on VHS or UK DVD the changes will be very noticeable throughout with those new scenes.
Yeah I used to own the US DC and the Directors Cut does have a few little bits of extra violence but the main extra bit is Arnie talking in the car and its no big deal really.

However, the DC also had extras which are a big deal - especially when you find out that Arnie was actually scared of Vernon Wells (Bennett)! :D

jimmyboy1975

Commando is 30 years old this year so a new blu ray release wouldn't be a complete surprise. Hopefully itll be the dirs cut and a better transfer!

cmdrmarc

Saw this (well not the Dir Cut) as part of the Schwarzenegger marathon at the PCC last October - still his most fun movie. Everyone loved it.

Ruby

Although not labelled as such, the version of Commando showing on SkyHD is the actually the director's cut. I saw this a few months ago and was quite surprised when I saw the extended bit of Arnie talking about his past to Rae Dawn Chong.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom