Command & Conquer Gold - Free Download

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
From Shacknews:

EA is offering Westwood Studios' seminal RTS Command & Conquer Gold as a free download starting today on the Command & Conquer website. The full game download, commemorating the August 31 release of the game 12 years ago, comprises two ISO image files and is also hosted on FileShack for your downloading pleasure.

Seems like a nice gesture, I may just give this a go to see how things have moved on! You can get links to download it on the official page here.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Has anyone tried one of the ad games, does it ruin the game or is the ad quite subtle? How do you even place ad's in Far Cry, it's a jungle!

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Has anyone tried one of the ad games, does it ruin the game or is the ad quite subtle? How do you even place ad's in Far Cry, it's a jungle!
Not my screenshots...

Couple of things people should note. FarCry as for a serial number when trying to get into Multiplayer mode. Also, you need your Ubisoft account set to "Location: US" for the games to work.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
That's not too bad if it is only on menu and loading screens. I think I could live with that if it was not costing me anything!

Maniac618

thanks for the info on these lovely gifts.

tvdavid

HI

I am downloading the first C&C game.

But the speed is like dill up.

I am only getting 6 kb/s

There must be quite busy.

I can get up to 200 kb/s on bit torrent.

I give up for now will try it later.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
got to love free games is it ok to download these in the uk?
For the ubisoft games you'll need to change your ubisoft profile to "location: america" for the games to work. Not sure about the C&C games, although I've seen nothing to contradict why they shouldn't work in the UK.

tvdavid

HI

I am downloading the first C&C game.

But the speed is like dill up.

I am only getting 6 kb/s

There must be quite busy.

I can get up to 200 kb/s on bit torrent.

I give up for now will try it later.

I might download it on bit torrent.

I think I will get much faster speeds on there now its free.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom