Command & Conquer: Generals 2 goes F2P

for god sake, this looked so good as well

:thumbsdow

Whats so bad about it?

The preview awhile ago looked very good, will it be different now?

No LAN play or offline single player I guess. Another game to add to that list.

I hate how EA has ruined C&C

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF it will be another C&C4 D:

Whats so bad about it?

The preview awhile ago looked very good, will it be different now?

No LAN play or offline single player I guess. Another game to add to that list.

No SP = no point in me buying.

Will there be a traditional single player campaign?
Not at launch. We are currently focused on building a fun, high quality RTS experience that we want to get in your hands on as soon as possible. From there, we will continuously evaluate additional content based on a variety of player feedback methods.

Translation: we want to start micro transactions from you ASAP.

Yep... so EA really know how to ruin something that looked so good.

I bet you have to buy tanks and units with real money as well.

Translation: we want to start micro transactions from you ASAP.

Yep... so EA really know how to ruin something that looked so good.

I bet you have to buy tanks and units with real money as well.
It has EA's name to it, it was going to be covered in "DLC" no matter what.

It has EA's name to it, it was going to be covered in "DLC" no matter what.

I dont mind dlc but Pay to win (free to play) is just awful in my books, just doesnt work for games like this, only reason it worked so well for tf2 was it started as a normal game

I dont mind dlc but Pay to win (free to play) is just awful in my books, just doesnt work for games like this, only reason it worked so well for tf2 was it started as a normal game
It's not something exclusive to F2P games so I don't really see the arguement.

There are plenty of games where you can do perfectly well and greatly enjoy it without paying anything. They don't bank on or expect people to do this but the choice is yours.

It's not something exclusive to F2P games so I don't really see the arguement.

There are plenty of games where you can do perfectly well and greatly enjoy it without paying anything. They don't bank on or expect people to do this but the choice is yours.

Think im just annoyed that a series i love is being raped by ea again, it could be great but i just dont like the free to play model based on how its performed with games i liked in the past, age of empires was killed by it, then flight sim is going that way, i hope this doesnt.

Think im just annoyed that a series i love is being raped by ea again, it could be great but i just dont like the free to play model based on how its performed with games i liked in the past, age of empires was killed by it, then flight sim is going that way, i hope this doesnt.
Aside from Valve I can't think of any developer/publisher who wouldn't rinse the customers for their cash with content in such a way.

Aside from Valve I can't think of any developer/publisher who wouldn't rinse the customers for their cash with content in such a way.

Can't disagree with you there, suppose i just didnt expect it of a c&c game

Can't disagree with you there, suppose i just didnt expect it of a c&c game

Indeed.

Well, I still haven't and wont buy 'c&c 4' (makes me feel physically sick just thinking they had the cheek to call it a c&c game), and I will not bother with this garbage.
Even when 4 came up for a deal under a fiver I still did not buy. I would't play it if somone payed me, unless they were stupid and paid hundreds or thousand's, still I wouldn't have it's filthy files stored on my pc.

If it was a proper game, and played in the traditional format, then it would have been a day 1 purchase for me, but know, they have really just completely killed the franchise.
I didn't think that they could possibly do any more damage since RA3 and 4, but EA NEVER fail to destroy a franchise that has been going for over a decade.

RIP.... C+C, you will be missed.

tris

We should play some C&C 3 or Zero Hour ;D

what the hell have you all done to generals

The last hope is CoH2!!!!

They got it in the end... but yeah that is the experience I had on Origin help. It's so so terribly bad.

Will probably never do a pre-order ever again. For any game.

They are ruining the games market. And i bet we will see some sort of "crash" like in the 80s.

Will probably never do a pre-order ever again. For any game.

They are ruining the games market. And i bet we will see some sort of "crash" like in the 80s.

What was the crash in the 80's inform us (me)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom