Coming Up On UK TV Soon!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

This thread is for everyone, who wants to see what new shows are due to start over the next month or so, here in the UK. Details are correct at the time of writing, but may be subject to change. Repeats of episodes are not always shown. Some of these series have already been shown.

KNIGHT RIDER 2009
- Sci-Fi Channel, Saturday 19th September, 12:40-13:40, then daily thereafter. Check press for full details!

REAPER (Horror/fantasy show)
- Channel 4, Saturday 19th September, 02:55-03:40 (late Saturday, early Sunday), then randomly thereafter. Check press for full details!

THE MENTALIST - Season 1
- Hallmark, Tuesday 22nd September, 21:00-23:00.

NUMB3RS - Seasons 1-3 (Repeat run)
- Five USA, Thursday 24th September, 19:00-20:00, then weeknightly thereafter.

TILL DEATH - Season 1 (New US Comedy, Repeat run)
- Five USA, Friday 25th September, 12:25-13:00, then every weekday.

ANGELA's EYES (Crime drama)
- Five USA, Saturday 26th September, 18:00-19:00, then weekly thereafter.

PROFIT (Cult mini-series with "Heroes'" Adrian Pasdar!)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 26th September, 20:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter.

THE BEAST (Patrick Swayze thriller, Repeat run)
- Five USA, Saturday 26th September, 21:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter.

LA FEMME NIKITA (Australian thriller based on the movie)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 26th September, 03:00-04:00 (late Saturday, early Sunday), then daily thereafter.

FLASH/FORWARD - Season 1
- Five, Monday 28th September, 21:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter. Repeated each Friday at 22:00-23:00 on Five also.

HIPPIES (Simon Pegg sitcom)
- G.O.L.D., Moday 28th September, 00:20-01:00 (late Monday, early Tuesday), then nightly thereafter. Times vary, so check press for details.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (80's fantasy series, with Linda Hamilton)
- Zone Romantica, Tuesday 29th September, 08:00-09:00, then each week day thereafter. Repeated, but check press for details.

D.I.C.E. (Twin Peaks-style thriller)
- Zone Thriller, Tuesday 29th September, 21:00-23:00, then nightly thereafter.

THE INVISIBLE MAN (1999 version with Vincent Ventresca)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Thursday 2nd October, 03:00-04:00 (late Thursday, early Friday), then nightly thereafter.

SANCTUARY - Season 1 Weekend (Repeat run)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Friday 3rd October, 13:00-14:00, then throughout Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th October.

MARTIAL LAW (Sammo Hung cop adventure)
- Bravo, Monday 5th October, 13:00-14:00, then every weekday thereafter.

MYSTERIOUS WAYS (Horror/supernatural anthology show)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 17:00-18:00, then every weeknight thereafter.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (Uncut repeat runs)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 19:00-21:00, then every weeknight thereafter, with late-night repeats, all uncut!

DOLLHOUSE - Season 1
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 23:00-00:00, then every weeknight theeafter, with late-night repeats.

STARGATE UNIVERSE - Season 1
- Sky 1, Tuesday 6th October, 20:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week, on both Sky 1 and Sky 2. Check press for details.

LIFE ON MARS: US - Season 1
- FX, Friday 9th October, 22:00-23:10, then weekly thereafter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week. Check press for details.

GUN (Mini-Series with James "The Sopranos" Gondolfini)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 24th October, 20:00-21:00, then nightly thereafter. Repeated later on the same night/early next morning, between 05:00-06:00.

ELEVENTH HOUR (US remake of the UK sci-fi/drama mini-series)
- Virgin 1, Wednesday 28th October, 22:00-23:00, then weekly thereafeter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week. Check press for details.

HOUSE M.D. - Season 6
- Sky 1, mid-to-late October 2009, Sundays, 21:00-22:00. Repeats will be scattered throughout the rest of the week on both Sky 1 and Sky 2. Check press for details nearer the time.

Pooch

Downinja

I won't be watching dollhouse on principle, it killed sarah connor chronicles :(

Fringe Season 2 starts 4th of October if I remember right :)

antacid

Knight Rider 2009 has been airing on the Sci-Fi channel for quite sometime now, I also heard a rumour that this show has been cancelled.

antacid

Battle

All these have been reported on Digital Spy

Bones Series 5 - Sky 1 -Thursday 8th october at 21.00 hrs

Dollhouse series 2 - SciFi - Thursday 20th October at 22.00 hrs

Flashforward series 1 - Five - Monday 28th September at 21.00 hrs

Fringe series 2 - Sky 1 - Sunday 4th October at 22.00 hrs

House series 6 - Sky 1 - Sunday 4th October at 21.00 hrs (following straight after the end of series 5)

Lie to Me series 2 - Sky 1 - Thursday 8th October at 22.00 hrs

True Blood series 1 - Channel 4 (first terestrial showing) Monday 5th October

Life on Mars USA - FX - Friday 9th October at 22.00 hrs

Eastbound and Down - FX - Thursday 1st October at 22.00 hrs

Merlin series 2 - BBC1 - Saturday 19th September at 18.40 hrs

Stargate Universe - Sky 1 - Tuesday 6th October (probably at 20.00 hrs)

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Thanks Battle for those. :)

TRUE BLOOD is fantastic, but I wonder if Channel Bore will censor it?! There's so much controversial material in it, in terms of gore, violence, sex and foul language, that it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

I'll also be interested to see if they retain the original title sequence unaltered, or whether it will be slowed down, truncated, or edited, because of the gore and sex factor (roadkill, a decomposing fox with maggots, plenty of semi-nudity and titilation, religious material, et al) and/or because of the several short bursts of rapid almost subliminal sequences that are included in it?! :eek:

Will be nice to see it minus DOG's though, and in full 16:9 format too. :clap: Let's hope they don't balls this up, and then lose it to another channel in a couple of years. ;)

Pooch

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Heard good things about True Blood.

5th October noted:thumbsup:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
TRUE BLOOD is fantastic, but I wonder if Channel Bore will censor it?! There's so much controversial material in it, in terms of gore, violence, sex and foul language, that it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

I'll also be interested to see if they retain the original title sequence unaltered, or whether it will be slowed down, truncated, or edited, because of the gore and sex factor (roadkill, a decomposing fox with maggots, plenty of semi-nudity and titilation, religious material, et al) and/or because of the several short bursts of rapid almost subliminal sequences that are included in it?! :eek:

Despite everything I watch being already recorded so I can skip adverts and credits, True Blood is one of the only programmes where I watch the whole of the title sequence. The collection of images and clips added with the soundtrack make it a superb title sequence.

Battle

Hi,

Thanks Battle for those. :)

Will be nice to see it minus DOG's though, and in full 16:9 format too. :clap: Let's hope they don't balls this up, and then lose it to another channel in a couple of years. ;)

Pooch

And as its on Channel 4 rather than E4 it may actually be on Channel 4 HD as well

jdslater1

I really thought you meant UK TV as in the channel!:D

Good to see Profit as I missed some episodes on the first ever run, great show.
Eastbound and Down is a great show, I have the R1 dvd.
It's just a pity we have to wait for Criminal Minds and Dexter to show up with their new seasons. On the plus side you don't get over loaded with shows to watch.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Hi,

This thread is for everyone, who wants to see what new shows are due to start over the next month or so, here in the UK. Details are correct at the time of writing, but may be subject to change. Repeats of episodes are not always shown. Some of these series have already been shown.

KNIGHT RIDER 2009
- Sci-Fi Channel, Saturday 19th September, 12:40-13:40, then daily thereafter. Check press for full details!

REAPER (Horror/fantasy show)
- Channel 4, Saturday 19th September, 02:55-03:40 (late Saturday, early Sunday), then randomly thereafter. Check press for full details!

THE MENTALIST - Season 1
- Hallmark, Tuesday 22nd September, 21:00-23:00.

NUMB3RS - Seasons 1-3 (Repeat run)
- Five USA, Thursday 24th September, 19:00-20:00, then weeknightly thereafter.

TILL DEATH - Season 1 (New US Comedy, Repeat run)
- Five USA, Friday 25th September, 12:25-13:00, then every weekday.

ANGELA's EYES (Crime drama)
- Five USA, Saturday 26th September, 18:00-19:00, then weekly thereafter.

PROFIT (Cult mini-series with "Heroes'" Adrian Pasdar!)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 26th September, 20:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter.

THE BEAST (Patrick Swayze thriller, Repeat run)
- Five USA, Saturday 26th September, 21:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter.

LA FEMME NIKITA (Australian thriller based on the movie)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 26th September, 03:00-04:00 (late Saturday, early Sunday), then daily thereafter.

FLASH/FORWARD - Season 1
- Five, Monday 28th September, 21:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter. Repeated each Friday at 22:00-23:00 on Five also.

HIPPIES (Simon Pegg sitcom)
- G.O.L.D., Moday 28th September, 00:20-01:00 (late Monday, early Tuesday), then nightly thereafter. Times vary, so check press for details.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (80's fantasy series, with Linda Hamilton)
- Zone Romantica, Tuesday 29th September, 08:00-09:00, then each week day thereafter. Repeated, but check press for details.

D.I.C.E. (Twin Peaks-style thriller)
- Zone Thriller, Tuesday 29th September, 21:00-23:00, then nightly thereafter.

THE INVISIBLE MAN (1999 version with Vincent Ventresca)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Thursday 2nd October, 03:00-04:00 (late Thursday, early Friday), then nightly thereafter.

SANCTUARY - Season 1 Weekend (Repeat run)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Friday 3rd October, 13:00-14:00, then throughout Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th October.

MARTIAL LAW (Sammo Hung cop adventure)
- Bravo, Monday 5th October, 13:00-14:00, then every weekday thereafter.

MYSTERIOUS WAYS (Horror/supernatural anthology show)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 17:00-18:00, then every weeknight thereafter.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (Uncut repeat runs)
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 19:00-21:00, then every weeknight thereafter, with late-night repeats, all uncut!

DOLLHOUSE - Season 1
- Sci-Fi Channel, Monday 5th October, 23:00-00:00, then every weeknight theeafter, with late-night repeats.

STARGATE UNIVERSE - Season 1
- Sky 1, Tuesday 6th October, 20:00-22:00, then weekly thereafter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week, on both Sky 1 and Sky 2. Check press for details.

LIFE ON MARS: US - Season 1
- FX, Friday 9th October, 22:00-23:10, then weekly thereafter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week. Check press for details.

GUN (Mini-Series with James "The Sopranos" Gondolfini)
- Zone Thriller, Saturday 24th October, 20:00-21:00, then nightly thereafter. Repeated later on the same night/early next morning, between 05:00-06:00.

ELEVENTH HOUR (US remake of the UK sci-fi/drama mini-series)
- Virgin 1, Wednesday 28th October, 22:00-23:00, then weekly thereafeter. Repeats scattered throughout the rest of the week. Check press for details.

HOUSE M.D. - Season 6
- Sky 1, mid-to-late October 2009, Sundays, 21:00-22:00. Repeats will be scattered throughout the rest of the week on both Sky 1 and Sky 2. Check press for details nearer the time.

Pooch

Pity hardly any of it is "new" just more repeats :(

jdslater1

Well, it's "new" if you haven't seen it before!
Not everything that is new is automatically good. Take Knight Rider!

Read up on that Dice show and looks kinda interesting.

Battle

Another one for you

Burn Notice Series 2 on FX & FXHD on Friday 16th October

count zero

This one sounds interesting.

In Treatment Sky Arts1/HD Mon-Fri from Monday 5th October

This is a new HBO show featuring Gabriel Byrne as a psychoanalyst. Each 30 minute episode features a different patient and the following week they return for their next session.

More info Clicky

cheers, count

soundstory

I bought the DVD set from Amazon US about two months ago. It's still eminently watchable as a show. Roll on S3.

Regards

Mark

I gave up after ep 1 of season 2, that AWFUL london accent.

I wouldn't thought & expected better from the Burn Notice team :thumbsdow

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi Soundstory,

Yes, that's the one. It also stars: Gina McKee, Fred Ward, and Callum Keith Rennie, plus Mark McKinney, and Brendan Fletcher.

The mini-series lasts for just 6, one-hour episodes, and is about a group of people who live in a Canadian town, where a woman's body is discovered. An investigation starts, and the boyfriend is seen to be the likely culprit. However, it is soon discovered that the woman was one of many students, play a deadly dice game involving making a list of six possible actions, and using a die to determine which action to take, no matter what the result throws up! :eek:

Pooch

soundstory

Hi Soundstory,

Yes, that's the one. It also stars: Gina McKee, Fred Ward, and Callum Keith Rennie, plus Mark McKinney, and Brendan Fletcher.

The mini-series lasts for just 6, one-hour episodes, and is about a group of people who live in a Canadian town, where a woman's body is discovered. An investigation starts, and the boyfriend is seen to be the likely culprit. However, it is soon discovered that the woman was one of many students, play a deadly dice game involving making a list of six possible actions, and using a die to determine which action to take, no matter what the result throws up! :eek:

Pooch

& it actually has an ending ???

Battle

Another new one

"Hung" starts on More4 on Thursday 16th at 22.00 hrs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB announces M4U 8 MKII wireless headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco introduces N50-S38 music library
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony expands 360 Reality Audio to Amazon Music Unlimited
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Google launches Pixel 6 and 6 Pro smartphones