Coming to America 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Cas,

Watched this a while back on one of my streaming services.

Still brilliant and dare I say relevant today.

No doubt I will add this to my iTunes library at some point :)

Thanks Cas, great film but I don’t think 4k will be worth it in this one.....

Thanks Cas, watch this last week in 4k, though the quality was really good for an old movie. Hope they release a few more of Murphy's fims, Trading Places, Best Defence, Golden Child and so on.

'The Royal penis is cleansed Sir'
I remember a line something akin to the above and I still think its hilarious.
Trading places is a classic, gotta be worth a 4k just for JLC's luvvly jubblies.

'The Royal penis is cleansed Sir'
I remember a line something akin to the above and I still think its hilarious.
Trading places is a classic, gotta be worth a 4k just for JLC's luvvly jubblies.
Especially as there's a small reference to Trading Places in Coming to America. Hilarious.

FVM.gif
5Ro7.gif

Thanks for the Review, Cas. One to definitely catch again now it is all properly cleaned up, Sir :)

Thanks Cas, great film but I don’t think 4k will be worth it in this one.....
It's one of the best 4k video transfers of a catalog title. Carefully done with no edge enhancement, digital noise reduction, processing filtering, film grain removal. As used on the likes of Terminator 2, and The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy to a lesser extent.

Last edited:
Just let your soul glo..... 🎶
Will let the Sony spin it very soon. I remember watching it on VHS. God, how far we have come, now its a UHD disc.

I've been sweating like a baboon's balls in anticipation of this...

Good movie....but not exactly one that was crying out for a 4k release.

Just let your soul glo..... 🎶
Will let the Sony spin it very soon. I remember watching it on VHS. God, how far we have come, now its a UHD disc.

Can't believe i had to read 11 replies before i saw this.

Love everything about this, from Paramount logo into the fly by of the city to the dance sequence and eventhing else.

Give it up for Mr Randy Watson.

I stand to be corrected but is this yet another one that’s being released without an amaray version ? I can only see a Steelbook for sale and I ain’t paying £30 for it. Importing from America seems the cheapest way but if I’m right then given we can’t buy the likes of Lawrence of Arabia and others without buying all dancing sets or releases (aka Flash Gordon, Total Recall or Akira) with needless tat then no wonder physical media is dying. Also some countries don’t get releases that others do. The latest is U.K. release Akira doesn’t have HDR here where it does elsewhere. I mean come on. Get a grip studios.

Can't believe i had to read 11 replies before i saw this.

Love everything about this, from Paramount logo into the fly by of the city to the dance sequence and eventhing else.

Give it up for Mr Randy Watson.
Haha Mr Randy Watson and Sexual Chocolate 🍫. Yeah, it is a nice comedy, and like you say, the logo, the sarcastic teller when Semmi wants King Joffy Joffer to wire money 😉, barbershop scences arguing about Cassius Clay/Mohammed Ali.... "his mama named him Cassius, so, I am gonna call him Cassius"

Thanks for the review Cas.

I'm usually a bit too serious for this type of daft comedy but this is an exception, absolutely cracks me up, and a great story too. One of the absolute best of its genre.

I love the scene near the start on the balcony where he joyously shouts "yes, f*** you too" to his welcoming neighbours

Steelbook sold out by the looks if it,why no standard edition with a slipcase for the UK? I love this film, and didn't know it was coming out in 4k!

.. if I’m right then given we can’t buy the likes of Lawrence of Arabia and others without buying all dancing sets or releases (aka Flash Gordon, Total Recall or Akira) with needless tat...
I don't want to misdirect the thread, but HMV are selling a single disc Flash Gordon with no tat, I bought it the other day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom