1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Soon !!!! ( what is ? )

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Nov 19, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    X-Mas for one and with it lots of nice new films for me to watch. We already know that there are 3 good ones coming out this week, that being GLADIATOR, CHICKEN RUN and X-MEN but what else is coming out and what are YOU looking forward too ?

I have just ordered THE UNTOUCHABLES which is one I have been waiting for, for ages and also decided to order the BATMAN BEYOND DVD as well.

Does anybody know when SNATCH is going to be released on R2 DVD ( or R1 but I would imagine R2 would be sooner ) I thought it may be in time for X-mas but now im not so sure

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Future DVD's on order/interested in are - Seven (platinum), Soprano's, Gone in 60 seconds (maybe), The Conversation & The Virgin Suicides (maybe). I didn't know about the Untouchables but I'll most probably get that as well now.

I doubt Snatch will be out R2 before Xmas as it's only just coming to the end of it's cinema run.

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Scary Movie and Gone In 60 Seconds are out in December.

Disney's Dinosaur and Hollow Man follow early January.

A very interesting film from Ang Lee starring Chow Yun Fat is Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger in the cinemas January.
    www.crouchingtiger.com

It has had very good reviews.

4. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to be a lot of interest in Chicken Run, but it's not something on my list. The biggy for me is probably the new Seven release. That's a David Fincher film I believe, and after the awesome Fight Club I discovered he also did another film I especially enjoyed, The Game, so I'm looking forward to going back for another showing of Seven and all the extra bits.

I've just recently (within the last month) got into DVDs and you don't want to see my the length of my list. Somehow I'm going to have to prioritise as I want more than I can afford to be honest (having just bought w/s telly, DVD player, amp, 5 speakers, stands, 30m of quality cable, etc etc). And having already purchased 20 odd discs, I've sussed out that they all have too many extras to be watched completely at my present rate of purchase!!!!

It's just great to have several films to choose from to settle down and watch. Definitely a 'queueing system' that needs to be kept full so you have to umm and ahh over a choice, which I believe is all part of the fun. Much like researching, demo-ing and buying new kit, all part of the fun that is Home Cinema.

Stuart

5. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I read in one of the mags lately about Titanic: Special Edition being in the pipeline, and judging by the last couple of Cameron SE's it should definitely be one to look out for!!

One disc I would really like to see released is The Accused starring Jodie Foster. That film is just so powerful. I know it's not really the kind of movie that DVD was made for, but it is one of my favourite films ever and my VHS copy is worn out!

There's not really much else that I'm waiting for now. I've got/ordered most 'must haves', but there are of course hundreds of back catalogue films that I'd be more than happy to have in my collection! [​IMG]

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, The Fox re-issues of Last Of the Mohicans(23/01/01 ), X-files(23/01/01) & Predator(26/12/00 )

7. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I didnt know about the Fox reissues. Are they any differet form the previous versions (X-Files & Predator). X-Files was a Special Edition anyway.

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DTS soundtracks.

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think they're all anamorphic now as well.

10. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    CHICKEN RUN was one I was not going to bother with. I enjoyed it at cinema but thought that it kinda was out of place on that big screen but would be more suited to TV viweing on X-mas day. Yes it an all star (voice)cast and was done big budget but it still felt like a BBC XMAS special to me. So I decided on Friday to make it so and ordered it. It is actually very funny and I will probably get more out of it on the rewatch.

Cancelled my order for SEVEN. I was never that impressed with it from the word go, I loved THE GAME but SEVEN just did not hit my button, I guess I kinda got bored with it.

Is the CONVERSATION the film which they rippped apart to make ENEMY OF THE STATE ? If so I believe I saw it on TV and enjoyed it so may order that !

Did someone say SOPRANOS. This I am ashamed to say I have never seen but would love to so may order this too.

Thought SCARY MOVIE was a BIG let down. WHen will comedy films go back to being mass audience and loose the teen gross out attempt at humour. AMERICAN PIE was OK but followed by SCARY MOVIE and ROAD TRIP ( to name two ) the time has come to look at how comedy should be done ( Older comedies should be coming back out, such as DREAM TEAM and PLANES and TRAINS )

Have ordered GONE IN 60 on order ( the remake ot original.

What is the HIDDEN DRAGON film about, that looks ok !

And as for TITANIC, well ive never seen it and hope I never will. Did anyone see the BIG BREAKFAST this morning. On there was THE reason why I never wanna see the film ( well that and LEONARDO as I HATE him )

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan,

Yeah you must have seen The Conversation (directed by Francis Ford Coppola) on TV, it stars Gene Hackman (also in Enemy of the State) and is a lot better than EOTS.

Soprano's (series one) is finally coming out on DVD in December (been on VHS for awhile) I guess they needed more time to add the Dolby Digital soundtrack. IMO Soprano's is fantastic, the best thing on telly. But then I thought that Se7en was fantastic too [​IMG]

Haven't seen Chicken Run but I'm looking forward to it.

[This message has been edited by Paul J (edited 20-11-2000).]

12. Psycho

Psycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Duncan - what is this fixation you seem to have with starting threads on non-specific topics?

Addicted to little flaming icons next to your 'subjects'??? (Darn - I've just brought you one step closer to another one...)

[This message has been edited by Psycho (edited 20-11-2000).]

13. plasterman

plasterman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Psycho
    Thats a bit unfair to duncan after all if some one starts a new topic even if it is non specific it's still up to other people to post a reply. So his posts must be of interest to others and thats hardly his fault so why the flak.
    Plasterman

14. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    I get bored easily
    and like to give people something to talk about
    I find the one reply only posts rather defeat the purpose of having a bulletin board

15. Psycho

Psycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would beg to differ - if you start a thread titled "What is your favourite film" etc (I know Duncan hasn't - I'm using it as a simple example) you just know you're gonna get tons of follow-ups. Some people just get a sad sort of kick out of seeing lots of responses to their topics. Just wondered if ol' Duncan was one of them.

16. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Its funny you know but I have been using this board from almost day 1 and never have I realised that I was never allowed to create a thread which was not allowed to gain any response.

Im sorry but from now on I will try and not bother with creating anything that will be of any interest or at the same time remotely fun to any users of this forum.

Psyco you may be interested that I have created a new thread just for your benefit.

Everybody else may be interested to know that all the above was just **** and I create these posts cos I get bored easy and like to read the responses, if BLADE wants he can remove all the flaming icons and make the number of replies read 1 regardless.

17. Psycho

Psycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pram - upturned - toys - everywhere...

18. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Keep up the good work, Duncan! You motivate me ...

19. Matt @ DVD Debate

Matt @ DVD Debate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New user. Just registered. Nothing helpful to say... [​IMG] Only kidding.

Frankly without Duncan's random topics this forum would be so dull, full of "Is this film out?" type topics.

Keep up the good work Dunc, I gotta have something to read whilst at work.

As to stuff coming out, I only have Se7en on preorder currently, but am considering using up a heap of gift coupons on the R1 Sopranos set.
    (Classic series Duncan, you have to watch it, the Godfather DVD scene the other week was fantastic...)

Just had Chicken Run R2 in, very good disk, can recommend that. Not gone through all the extras yet, but it's pretty packed.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon looks well worth seeing, Chow Yun Fat and Michelle Yeoh are both great and the trailer I have here looks great. No idea what it's about though, cos I don't have a sound card!