Coming Soon, U.S. East Coast BlendZilla Meet!

Tim in Phoenix

Established Member
Reaction score
OK

We can't let Cliffy have all the fun, so we are taking the fun to Middleburg Virginia and the dates have changed to May 5 and 6, the first weekend in May; this is a bit early to announce but those contemplating travel in that time frame may want to plan for this. Expect a large room with a twelve foot screen width, two Supercharged MP 9500 Marquees, and stunning HDTV type sources. I can't wait!

4g6trat.jpg

2rxb9qw.jpg

2j4oj5z.jpg

44103f9.jpg

2e2qf11.jpg

2lvb58x.jpg

The centerpiece of this system is the very powerful DVX Processor from Analog France, and we thank the nice Analog folks for the loan of their edge blend processor which we have nicknamed BlendZilla!

3y85tom.jpg

The DVX will input and switch up to eight various signals and sources and output to a pair of projectors which overlap, the halves of the images fade into each other for one huge seamless display; CRTs can now look fantastic on screens to twelve or thirteen foot width.

See this exceptionally powerful system for yourself; see what LC CRT contrast ratio coupled with near 500 ANSI lumens can do, the most involving and compelling viewing experience possible. Your personal IMAX......

Exact times and directions will follow; Middleburg is quite near Dulles airport.

Why cross the Atlantic when I can bring Blendzilla here ;) ?

I am considering this, I have always wanted to do a USA CRT tour, there are a number of people I wish to visit.

I have a couple of major London AV projects that complete in the next couple of weeks so its all hands on deck and silly hours at the mo, Then I intend to complete my video system in the HT and the new accoustic walls :D .

Yes, New accoustic system being fitted on all walls & ceiling, reduction of reflections.

AND in addition reduction on the outside wall of noise transfer from the outside world.

You may have seen I have a pair of 1209s on the ceiling at the mo :thumbsup: ..........

Stay tuned for the UK Blendzilla showing.

I might even get it done at a similar time to the May event........

Due to your influence Andy, i should imagine half the CRT guys reading this are having more than a casual thought or two about trying blending themselves.

Im sure, due to the number of calls I get, that there are many UK guys following this and thinking about this as well........

Tim is the Guy who brought blending to the HT, and some may remember his attempt prior to Blendzilla. Tim takes all the credit for actually getting this running...........

Now in the UK Roland @ B4 projection started the ball rolling for me, It was a chat I had with him that made me think that this was the best way forward, that was about 2 years ago as I recall...................This was a casual chat about getting the best from CRT - I blame him for my lost spare time ever since :thumbsup: . Tim has constantly been reminding me to get on and blend, I need a shove in the right direction as I dont get enough time to myself for the things I would like to do...........

Im so close to some spare time I cant wait to have this running here........

Anyone thinking of crossing the pond for this demo ???

Did some UK guys go to the last show ???
If so was there a write up ???

Hello

Let me share some recent history with Andy and friends.......I spent many years in Michigan, we were Electrohome dealers selling to the car companies, GM, Ford etc. and their stylists wanted to see cars full size on screens like bloody twenty feet long. This predates DLP so it was either Talaria or Hughes or....two or three Marquees employing edge blending. The SGI computers rendered the image segments and a contrast modulator box (then $20K itself) faded the segments together. Our group in Michigan had five such sites going, and four of them were rigged for active stereoscopic with shutter goggles, which ruled out the lamp projectors. So with two or three Marquees we could do very wide screens at useable footlamberts.........fast forward to 2000 and I am now in Arizona and people are asking me how to do ten foot and wider screens at high Fl. and I am thinking Dang, what if a processor was able to split an HDTV image for edge blending? I run across an announcement from a California firm, Folsom Research, and they are announcing a box called DisplayPro HD and it is designed for exactly what I want to do. I have a demo brought here but they tell me DisplayPro HD will have the circuitry of two other devices, and those two devices are demo'd and the demo looked good and if i wish to order thirty systems they would be happy to build them......(big frown)....their gear was exceptionally complex and very hard to set up.

I order one DisplayPro HD and never see it, but we called that rig BlendZilla for an element of humor and the name stuck for a second demo of two boxes about eighteen months later. The DVX I discovered in October 2005, and saw it run here a month later. My DVX arrived Christmas Eve of '05 and I am loving it on a nine foot wide screen with two M9500LCs ever since........and that gentlemen is the saga of BlendZilla!!!!

:)

Dear All East Coast BlendZilla Meet Potential Attendees:

Lets start the meet at 2:00 PM on Saturday, May 5th, going to whenever. Home Theater has no windows, so you won't even know its daylight.

Lets start the meet up again at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 6th, going to whenever.

I will probably be taking Thursday, May 3rd, Friday, May 4th and Monday, May 7th off, so early arrivers, late stayers shall be accommodated!!!

The meet address (for all you Map Questers out there) is:

37523 Maple Shade Lane
Middleburg, Virginia 20117

Directions;

If coming from the North, travel down I 95 to I 495 West, to Rt 50 west (30 miles) to Sam Fred Road north, (2 miles) to Maple Shade Lane. 2 story brick Georgian Colonial exterior shell to the Home Theater.

If coming from the South, travel up I 95 to I 495 West, to Rt 50 west (30 miles) to Sam Fred Road north, (2 miles) to Maple Shade Lane. 2 story brick Georgian Colonial exterior shell to the Home Theater.

If coming from the West, make it to I 81, exit on Rt. 50 east (30 miles) to Sam Fred Road north, ( 2 miles) to Maple Shade Lane. 2 story brick Georgian Colonial exterior shell to the Home Theater.

If travelling from the East, get onto the Washington Capitol beltway going your favorite direction. Travel around to Rt 50 west (30 miles) to Sam Fred Road north, 2 miles to Maple Shade Lane. 2 story brick Georgian Colonial exterior shell to the Home Theater.

If flying in to Washington Dulles airport, and renting a car, exit main airport exit, south on Rt. 28, west on Rt 50 (20 miles) to Sam Fred Road north, ( 2 miles) to Maple Shade Lane. 2 story brick Georgian Colonial exterior shell to the Home Theater.

Those local coming down Rt. 15 should turn right onto Lime Kiln Road, travel to end of road, turn left on Snickersville Pike, go about 1 mile, turn right on Sam Fred Road, go about 1.5 miles, left on Maple Shade lane. You know the rest.

I read every post in the East Coast BlendZilla Meet thread in all 3 forums. Following are those individuals who have said the are coming, or expressed an interest in possibly coming. Anyone else who from here on in says they are coming will be added to the list.

William (the host), plus wife (Cheryl)
Mike Parker (with Video Chain magic, super VIMs, super neckboards, setup)
Mysterious Analog Way VP
Clarence (with HD DVD, Bluray, DTheater, HTPC sources)
Gino and Jessica
NauticaL
Wallace123456 (Wallace) (with BBQ, Victory Beer(?), Beef Jerky, Margaritas(?))
Belcherwm (Bill) (helping with the Victory Beer)
Ecrabb
Emdawqz1 (John) (with Beef Chili, hot wings, mild wings, etc.)
Z-Photo
JBJR (John) (with 1080P video cables, setup)
Overclrckr (Cliff) (with Beef Jerky, BBQ(?))
Bomrat (Arli)
rajdude (with food (?))
Audiophil (with food (?))
Curt Palme
Ken Whitcomb (with color calibration)
Bruce Can ?
Mark Conner
Mark Haflich ?
MadHatter ?
Bill Lackner (and Jackie)
CRT Ben (and Cheryl)
Edie Sears
Allen1994
Gary Murrell ?

Mr. Mad Hatter, it would be realy great if you could make it.

You all on the other side of the pond are currently under represented.

Tim, bring the cats. I have lots of room for them!!!

If anyone else is coming, please let me know. Everyone is welcome either day or both days.

There will be door prizes. Movie posters, perhaps some HD DVDs, some extra Extron PC interfaces, SmX samples, and maybe some other goodies.

William

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom