Coming soon to Sky Q... Netflix

Very interesting, but I just don’t see people paying more to get the same content they’d get through the individual Netflix app....

Very interesting, but I just don’t see people paying more to get the same content they’d get through the individual Netflix app....
Why would they do that? This means any Q /NowTV users will be able to use their existing Netflix sub on those devices (at no extra cost it seems)

Why would they do that? This means any Q /NowTV users will be able to use their existing Netflix sub on those devices (at no extra cost it seems)

“by creating a brand-new and attractively priced entertainment TV pack, combining Sky and Netflix content side-by-side for the first time.”

"Sky+ customers will not be able to access Netflix through their set top box or Sky Go app."

Great news and a crafty way to get more to upgrade to Q.

“by creating a brand-new and attractively priced entertainment TV pack, combining Sky and Netflix content side-by-side for the first time.”

Yep, so people like me, who hasn't currently got Netflix, could add it to my Sky bill. It also says existing customers can just sign into the Netflix app.

Yep, so people like me, who hasn't currently got Netflix, could add it to my Sky bill. It also says existing customers can just sign into the Netflix app.

So therefore an additional price whatever way you want to spin it.

It won't cost any more than having standalone Netflix and Q though. Were you seriously expecting Sky to give Netflix free to all their customers/

It won't cost any more than having standalone Netflix and Q though. Were you seriously expecting Sky to give Netflix free to all their customers/

Of course not.

Yes you can sign into the app with your Netflix details, but it clearly states to have the two combined within Sky Q, you need to sub to that particular package.

Of course not.

Yes you can sign into the app with your Netflix details, but it clearly states to have the two combined within Sky Q, you need to sub to that particular package.
Also says existing Netflix customers can migrate their account to Sky. I doubt Sky will be charging more than Netflix for the same subscription.

Also says existing Netflix customers can migrate their account to Sky. I doubt Sky will be charging more than Netflix for the same subscription.

“Existing Netflix customers will be able to easily migrate their account to the new Sky TV bundle”

That reads to me that people will have to pay for the ability to have Netflix content merged within Sky Q, or you can just use your existing Netflix sub by logging into the app they’ll provide.

How's that? If you subscribe to Netflix already then it costs the same. Only difference is you can choose to be billed directly from Netflix or through your sky bill.

How's that? If you subscribe to Netflix already then it costs the same. Only difference is you can choose to be billed directly from Netflix or through your sky bill.

And what if you don’t subscribe to Netflix? Or Sky Q? To have them both integrated at any stage is going to cost people an additional payment isn’t it?

I find it staggering that people are struggling with this concept.

I'm baffled to understand how you expect Sky to integrate something that costs £7.99 + if you want HD into one of its existing packages and at the same cost.

And what if you don’t subscribe to Netflix? Or Sky Q? To have them both integrated at any stage is going to cost people an additional payment isn’t it?

???
I don't get it!!!!!!
How does it affect the non subscriber???
Your comment doesn't make any sence.

Maybe people aren’t struggling with the concept of an additional payment each month as they can afford it.

???
I don't get it!!!!!!
How does it affect the non subscriber???
Your comment doesn't make any sence.

If I subscribe to Sky Q but not Netflix, or I have a Netflix subscription and a Sky HD sub, yet want to take advantage of this new bundle, I’m going to have to stump up extra cash for Sky Q or a Netflix sub for the privilege.

This is Sky we’re talking about here-there will be some sort of additional payment people will have to pay to have the pair running side by side.

What on earth are you going on about. If you don't have Q or Netflix then you don't have it,end of. If you have Netflix but not Q then you carry on watching as you've always done right? If you have Q but don't want Netflix then you don't have to have it. Just more choice in what you want and what devices you watch them on. I'm struggling to see your point ?

If I subscribe to Sky Q but not Netflix, or I have a Netflix subscription and a Sky HD sub, yet want to take advantage of this new bundle, I’m going to have to stump up extra cash for Sky Q or a Netflix sub for the privilege.

This is Sky we’re talking about here-there will be some sort of additional payment people will have to pay to have the pair running side by side.
So what? No one is making anyone upgrade from sky hd to sky q just to get Netflix on the same box! It's a choice not a demand. Do you have sky or Netflix? If I may ask. I have Q and Netflix .

Sorry, I still don't get you. You pay for what you subscribe to, if you don't want it you don't have to pay for it, do you?
Some people may find it useful to have one bill for both if they already have both.
I'm almost certain that most Sky Q subscribers are not expecting to get Netflix for free. LoL

So what? No one is making anyone upgrade from sky hd to sky q just to get Netflix on the same box! It's a choice not a demand. Do you have sky or Netflix? If I may ask. I have Q and Netflix .

Had Sky Q, now only have Netflix.

All I’m saying is that I believe that this new bundle to have them both integrated in this new package will cost an additional fee on top of what’s being paid for them both separately. Nothing more,nothing less.

Had Sky Q, now only have Netflix.

All I’m saying is that I believe that this new bundle to have them both integrated in this new package will cost an additional fee on top of what’s being paid for them both separately. Nothing more,nothing less.

Then customers will vote with their wallets and have Q with a separate Netlfix sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom