1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Soon On TV - Good and bad news!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Aug 4, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

1) "The OC" is being repeated from the beginning, most weekdays, during Channel 4's "T4" kiddy timeslot. The Pilot Episode will air Tuesday 10th August, from 10am.

Also, bad news is circulating, r.e. "The OC". It appears that C4 will be continuing the show from where it left off, from September 2004, but in a new (and very dumb) timeslot of Sunday lunchtimes at 1pm! :mad:

2) Season 2 of "Without A Trace" will start on C4 on Monday 9th August, at 10pm. Should be good, providing C4 air all the episodes this time, and show them in the correct chronological order.

3) The original "Batman" movie, from 1966, with Frank Gorshin, Julie Newmar, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith in the villain roles, will be airing on Five on Saturday 7th, 5:15-7:10pm.

4) "The Shawshank Redemption" airs on C4 on Saturday 7th as well, between 9:10-11:45pm. Watch the film, and see why so many people love it so much!

5) C4 has made the dumb decision to repeat Season 1 of "Scrubs" at the pathetic time of 7:25am, every weekday morning! God-only knows how the schedulers get their jobs, because they don't have a bloody clue about anything! :mad:

6) BBC3 has an interesting martial arts documentary series - 10 episodes worth - starting Monday 9th at 9pm, called "Mind, Body and Kick Ass!". :D Martial arts expert Chris Crudelli shows in episode one, how six strong men are unable to push him over, no matter how hard they try, and episode two shows how Chris can fly, just like the cast of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"... but without the aid of special effects! :eek:

7) ITV - most regions - are showing cult road movie "Vanishing Point" on Tuesday 10th, 11:05pm-12:50am, without being interrupted by the news! :eek: Could this be a printing errror?! :rotfl:

8) E4 has an interesting new (but short-lived) American drama starting Tuesday night, as well. Entitled "Line Of Fire", it only lasted 13 episodes before being canned by ABC! It stars Leslie Hope as Special Agent Lisa Cohen (who was Agent Jack Bauer's wife in Series 1 of "24"), and a host of unknowns, in a show about two rookie FBI agents. Could be good, could be total pants.

9) Season 5 of "The Sopranos" hits E4 the same night, but starting one hour prior to "Line Of Fire", at 10pm. Expect a stonking opener, with the aftermath of the marriage breakup, and a few familiar faces being released from prison! :thumbsup:

10) Terrestrial viewers finally get to see what the fuss was all about, when C4 starts airing the first of 13 episodes, of "Nip/Tuck" from Wednesday 11th August, at 10pm. I'm hoping that the show will air uncut, but C4 being who they are, you never know any more.

11) The brilliantly gritty film, "Fort Apache: The Bronx", is going out on Five on Thursday 12th, at 10:05pm-12:25am. It has been edited for extreme violent content, but as far as I now, an uncut DVD doesn't yet exist. Though if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. Cheers!

12) "Six Feet Under" (Season 4) begins this week, but only on E4. Thursday 12th, at 10pm, which bumps the new run of Season 5 of "The West Wing" to a later start time of 11:10pm. Once again, the scheduling monkeys at C4 HQ don't have a single clue as to what they are doing! :mad:

13) And, lastly, Friday the 13th comes around again. Not the film, but the date! BBC2 is treating us to a brilliant horror film, on Friday lunchtime (1:00-2:45pm), with a Widescreen airing of the Cliff Richard flick "Summer Holiday"! Now that is terrifying! :rotfl: But BBC1 will be giving horror fans a genuine treat, when later that night, they air "Vampire Circus" uncut, uncensored and in Widescreen. The blood-letting will commence from 12:50am, late Friday night/early Saturday morning!

Hope some of these, interest you!

Pooch

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Channel 4 are currently repeating/showing the episodes they have from the first season of WAT, at a mid afternoon time slot. They have been edited for content. IE bullet hits removed etc.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,542
    Don't suppose you knw, if this will be repeated on BBC1 or 2 at any point?

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    MJN,

Maybe, maybe not. It's being shown at least 2 or 3 times a week (i.e. show two episodes, then repeat the same two later on that week in numerous timeslots, but that's all I can tell you at the moment.

If you want to, you could always phone the BBC, who will try to help answer your query. Their number, is: 08700-100-222. (National rate, but you can speak to a human being 24-7!)

Sorry I can't be of more use.

Pooch

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,542
    a real person!! Wow :) i'm used to listening the ramblings of automated messages now!

I'll do a bit of investigating later!

6. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What about NYPD Blue?

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Morning Fordy,

No news on "NYPD Blue" (Season 10), I'm afraid. :( With Channel 4 being the scheduling idiots that they are, I wouldn't expect to see it before January 2005, at the very earliest, unless some major miracle happens at C4 HQ! :rotfl:

Pooch