1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming back to Sky - worth starting from scratch?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pmc, Jul 12, 2005.

1. pmc

Oct 18, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I used to have Sky but moved 3 years ago and had to switch to Telewest cable as Sky wan't allowed in the building. I am now moving again, this time to a building with Sky built in. I still have my old digibox and decoder card.

Now according to Sky, all I have to do is hook up my digibox, phone them up, and they turn me straight back on. Sounds pretty easy.

My question is this. Is it worth signing up completely fresh? Then I would get a new digibox. My current one is a 5 year old Grundig. Do these things improve or will the technology basically stay the same.

Sky are currently doing a deal where they give you the first 3 months half price. I'm not sure if this includes returning customers. Assuming it does it then simply becomes a matter of whether a new box will make any difference.

I don't want Sky+ as I already have a PVR and will wait till the HD boxes come out.