Coming 2 America (Amazon Prime) Movie Review & Comments

I was going to give this a miss, but as there is very litlle els left to watch after a year in lock down I gave it a go.
I've not seen a good Eddie Murphy film since the nineties if I'm honest. so I was not expecting much.
Well I couldn't of been more surprised, from opening scene it was just blast of fun, laughter and nostalgia.
I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, it transported me back to joyful times and I completing forgot all about the present covid nightmare situation we are all in.
I was so glad I watched this film and i definitely recommend it.
8/10

Last edited:
I've not seen a good Eddie Murphy film since the nineties if I'm honest.

Yeah, true. Try Dolemite Is My Name on Netflix. Its a blast.

Eddie Murphy's stage show Delirious is also on there. Pure filth and gigglealong a minute. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just watched this and apart from the odd giggle, I thought it was absolutely terrible!
The original had great performances and heart. This was an odd nostalgic bad trip with a replay of the original film characters who were all looking a bit worse for wear.
Eddie M still looking good though. Ageless. And Mr. Snipes did well with his character.
I was hoping John Landis had been tempted back to helm again but he was wise to steer well clear.
And the old barber shop quartet should have been six foot under by now! Just an excuse for Eddie M to get in to make up/character again.
Saw this and Thought Oh Hum , It bit mediocre , did have a few Giggles .
Overall OK but only a Blu Ray buy not a 4k must have.
Got to see the Soul Glow Guy plus Snipes in a very good Role.

Yeah, true. Try Dolemite Is My Name on Netflix. Its a blast.

Eddie Murphy's stage show Delirious is also on there. Pure filth and gigglealong a minute. :thumbsup:
Dolemite is My Name received 7.3/10 on IMDB, 97% on TOMATOMETER and 91% on Rotten Tomatoes AUDIENCE SCORE. Not bad!
I heard that it is no just another jokey comedy vehicle for Eddie Murphy, but rather that it was truly a great film with a deep message. Would you agree?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom