1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comic Strip box set - PQ of some episodes?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dan Smiffy, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

Watching Four Men in a Car last night the colour seemed way too high - throughout the entire episode, Rik et als faces were so red they were positively glowing, they all looked like they'd been sat out in the sun for hours! I know Rik's character has just come back from holiday but it was ridiculous (plus everybody looked the same as he did). Ditto the greens were too strong, I can't remember a specific scene - will check that later.

By contrast, the colour of Four Men in a Plane seemed really flat and muted, while ...Dorset and Summer Holiday were fine, in fact much better than I was expecting.

I was watching on an ISF calibrated plasma so I want to believe some episodes (or perhaps the whole of the eighth disc in the set? Hmmm, I'll look at the others tonight) has been badly graded. Has anybody else noticed this?

Dan.

2. Dan Smiffy

Dan Smiffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found a pic comparison of Four Men in a Car, TV vs DVD. WARNING! This is from a Rik Mayal insanely keen on the man fans Forum which Mrs Smiffy visits and, I'm embarrassed to say, regularly posts to.

http://orangeneko.forumhoster.com/index.php?showtopic=1792&st=25

Jane's my other half BTW. Reading the whole thread it's nice to know she has faith in my expert AV opinion!

Dan